1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i dont understand my own feelings

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Myra48, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Myra48

as ive said before, this guy really likes me. so ive been trying to see if i could love a guy and this is starting to really confuse me. i actually miss him when i dont talk to him but the minute he touches me all i can think is, ew get off of me. i dont know what this is. im pretty sure that i only like girls, but why do i want to be with him all the time. im not attracted to him, have no desire to kiss him or touch him in any way. and i certainly dont want him touching me. am i just confusing friendship for love? i keep thinking, this isnt so bad, but then i see him and he hugs me or even leans up against me and i literally cant wait until he leaves. but then i go back for more. i dont even know any more. have any of you been in a situation like this? please help

2. AlexisAnne

That's a tough one and I don't have a degree in psychology, so please don't take anything I say as cold fact. I have some thoughts, but they could be way off of the mark.

Your little profile blurb says that you're out to some that you like girls, but it doesn't say anything about the FtM, so I assume you're still keeping it to yourself. If that's out of fear or discomfort, which is more than understandable, could it be that part of you is trying to hold onto your biological gender, afraid of what it might mean to let go? Or perhaps its part of an act you're putting on to help disguise that part of your nature.

Maybe you are confusing freindship with love.

It could easilly be something else entirely. I'm not a psych and I really don't know enough about you or your situation, but if nothing I've suggested fits, maybe it'll at least help you start thinking in different directions, and if you aren't able to solve this on you're own then, with the FtM situation alone, it probably wouldn't hurt to think about seeing a professional.

Good luck! Hope you're able to work this out.