1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheating friend ...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Ozzy92, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Ozzy92

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Now, one of my good friends called me up today and he told me that he cheated on his boyfriend. His boyfriend is also a friend of mine. But I'm not as close to him. We do talk quite frequently, but we never hang out alone. But I would say we are friends, just not close friends.
    Now, I'm thinking because I've been told that he has been cheated on, should I actually tell him? Or would I be meddling? I mean it is none of my business, right?
    I just can't help but feel I should tell him, as I would want to be told if the same was happening to me.
    When my friend told me he was cheating on him, he did say it was a mistake and he doesn't intend on doing it again. He wanted to get it off his chest, I suppose. He also told me not to tell him. (I'm sharing this with the world, but technically I'm not lying to him as he said not to tell him, nothing about an online forum.) -.-

I do want to believe him, and he may not cheat again but I keep thinking if that happened to me, I'd want to know. But then isn't it bad to meddle and stick your nose where it doesn't belong? Anyway, any thoughts? >.<

P.S. I know this all seems childish. I mean this sort of thing, I thought only happens when you're in school. But we're all in our twenties. But even still, I find this to be quite a predicament and would appreciate any words of wisdom! :grin:

2. HatterMad

I don't think this is childish. It's serious, and he's put you in a crappy place.

If it were me, I would tell him "You need to tell your boyfriend. It wasn't fair of you to put me in this position, and if you do not talk to him about it I will have to say something, because I care for and respect both of you."

Now I don't know if I'd actually say something...but I would encourage him to confess.

3. Ozzy92

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you for understanding!

That's actually a very sensible suggestion. When he told me, I froze. And just said "Okay, I won't tell him" and then hung up. I suppose you could say, I got nervous?

I'll call him up tomorrow morning and tell him that.
    You've actually put my mind at ease. It's four in the morning and I couldn't sleep.
    Knowing I've got an answer, I can probably get some shut eye. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Seriously, thank you so much!

^____^