1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to indicate boy days and girl days

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by O_Negative, Sep 27, 2012.

1. O_Negative

Or en homme/en femme if you prefer.

I've decided to go ahead and begin identifying as gender fluid. Not immediately..not to everyone...mainly to people at school because my school is fantastic and accepting.

I have chosen not to use a unisex name/gender neutral pronouns because I do not feel neutral, I feel one or the other. I am trying to think of an obvious/easy to read indicator of which pronouns/name to use each day.

Be prepared, I tend to think about things very thoroughly.

I thought of making a necklace with the letter G on it (for Gage) but then if someone sees me and is trying to get my attention but they are behind me, there is no way for them to know which name to use. Plus the necklace can get buried in clothing.

I was thinking of letting people know that I do not wear my rings (i have 3) on boy days...and have that be my indicator (can see from behind, etc), but I am an art major, I often take my rings off to do artwork or to eat and forget to put them back on. So..yeah.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I can easily indicate to people what I am feeling each day?

2. HatterMad

Which shoes you wear? A bracelet?

I think that alert friends will notice anyhow by how you dressed and walk and carry yourself eventually.

3. O_Negative

I think they will...but...to start out...=P...I might make a bracelet. I dont wear particularly girly shoes usually...only on special occasions.

4. O_Negative

Ehm...bump? Still looking for ideas! o.o

5. King

King Guest

In the simplest way, you could buy like... blue and pink bandanas, and somehow incorporate blue for boy days and pink for girl days? Or something like that... I'd get a necklace with a G anyway, just to wear on boy days for an extra touch.

6. O_Negative

I do think I'm going to do the necklace...but thats a good idea with the blue and pink.

I actually thought of getting a pink stud for my cartilage. I have a blue one right now but I thought switching it out...but its often covered by my hair and I was afraid it'd be too subtle. Anyways thank you...I will think on that.

7. O_Negative

8. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Excuse my ignorance but I don't really understand what gender fluid is? What changes when you are Gage or Danielle?

9. O_Negative

Forgive me if this is a rough explanation, I am only just learning the specifics myself. I am me no matter what. What changes is whats going on in my head. There are periods (they seem to be spread out over several weeks or months) where I feel very feminine. I am glad I have the body I have and I act and dress girlier because I have a desire to. My given name is Danielle, so thats where that comes from. On the other side there are times I feel very male. I get frustrated with having female body parts and even my demeanor changes. I speak and move and act differently without really meaning to, and the idea of acting or dressing girly bothers me. I do not like the idea of changing my name to a unisex name, so I've named the male me Gage. I guess its a bit more complicated than that and I am still working some things out, but I hope this explanation is good enough for you!

---------- Post added 28th Sep 2012 at 12:58 PM ----------

From what I've learned, gender fluid means someone who doesn't feel consistently male or female, and can sometimes feel like something in between. I have a pretty distinct male and female thing going so I chose to be pretty binary about it.

10. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would love to discuss how you feel, but I'd prefer to send you a private message, but I've noticed that you're not a full member yet. I think you should go with whatever feels natural to you at that given time, whether you feel like a girl or a guy. I'm curious, what personality traits do you exhibit when you feel like a girl and vice versa? I'm curious because I've been questioning rather or not if I'm possibly gender fluid as well; I'm gay, however, I find myself feeling envious of men sometimes. I almost wish I could pass as a male occasionally, yet still be happy being a woman. I'm not very feminine, but I feel like I'm a mixture of both female/male. I can dress like a guy and be the happiest person in the world. Then again, I could just be a soft butch lesbian, but the thoughts I'm having are a good indication of being gender fluid. However, I often feel uncomfortable being a woman. I'm sorry if I'm rambling...perhaps, I should have made my own thread, but I was hoping to find your thread so we could exchange stories :slight_smile:

#10 pinklov3ly, Sep 28, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2012