1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Try not to get confused

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jinkies, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Alright, so early this week, I came out to my entire class (it's pretty much the same group of people for every class we have) as androgyne. Everyone took the news rather well. For the most part, it was "Oh, I never knew that was ever a thing" and I'm fine with that. I mean.. You learn something new every day, right?

However, I can't help but feel that this fueled someone's crush on me... I know, odd. But today in particular, she'd been a bit friendlier to me than she was to anyone else, and we both exchanged pieces of information... But it was more of her asking me questions and me showing her things... No. Not dirty things.. Stop it. Really. I had to show her because it was stuff I can't fully explain in words. Like.. she had to see it to fully get what the concept was.

Anyway, it all seems nice, right? I mean.. I've had a few girls crush on me.. I kinda know and get the sense when one is. My only concern is this: I've been in a kind of relationship that I see us going towards if I do end up going with her... It was sweet, but nothing really clicked. We were friends, but after 4 years, we decided that it wasn't going anywhere (and later on, it all turned out that part of it was I'm not exactly attracted to women)

So.. I like this girl. I'd like to know her as a friend... and for the both of us, I really don't think I can accept her as an intimate partner. Personally, I have started to have romantic ideas and attractions, but I think part of it might be I'm panromantic... Something I'm figuring out still, but that might be the case.. I might just be naturally romantic to anyone.

Anyone else gone down this path? Any ideas on how I can subtly show/tell her that I'm not attracted to girls and still not seem like an asshole?

#1 Jinkies, Sep 27, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  2. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

If she makes any moves then just tell her exactly that. She should be able to get it.

If you want to be subtle you could bring up the fact that you aren't really attracted to girls, but not mention anything about her. More like "Are you into guys or girls?" "Oh, cool. All I know is that I'm not into girls"

Out of curiosity, by androgyne do you mean intersex or something else?

3. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    androgyne in the transgender sense.. I don't exactly feel that I'm a male, but not quite a female, either. More like a greyish mish-mash mess of both.