1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

depression coming back-help

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Myra48, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Myra48

i went to my therapist yesterday and i asked her to talk to my grandma and let her know that my chest dysphoria isnt going away and that she sees this alot and that its ok and would be better for my health to do something about it like get a binder. my grandma didnt even hear what she was trying to say and, again, only heard that i was gay. she wont even acknowledge that i dont want to be a girl. later she said that she doesnt believe people are born gay and that you can just tell when they are. implying that i dont look gay. which hurt me even more because im trans and i want to look like a boy. she was being very hurtful yesterday and it was the first time ive ever heard her say that stuff about me. she also wants me to see a christian counselor, and she doesnt want me to move to an accepting school/area. now my depression is coming back, and my dysphoria is even worse. i dream of the day that my chest is flat and all of my clothes are guy clothes, but then i see myself in the mirror and it just makes me feel worse than before. i cant take this anymore, i wish i could just run away and never look back. i really need encouragement right now. im starting to feel like there is no point to life anymore. i feel like ill never be who i want to be

2. I'm so sorry for your trouble.

I think that it will get better. Over time, she will learn to accept you. You just need to be strong. Trust me. IT GETS BETTER!

There is no point really. We get up and do crap then go back to bed. I guess the point to me is to find happiness.

You have time to figure out who you want to be. Don't try and label yourself though.