1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with coming out please!?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Olli, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Olli

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey, I recently came out to two of my best friends. I plan to come out to my other close friends and parents next but my goal in the end is to be really open and for everyone to know. Like if I had a boyfriend, no one would think twice. But in my school year there are loads of homophobes and really ignorant, uneducated bullies that would bully the hell out of me. Not only am I scared of violence etc. but I also don't want the bullying to affect my upcoming exams. I really don't know what to do right now...

2. LauraMarie

hmmmm thats a tough situation o.o so, first id like to say CONGRATS FOR COMING OUT :grin: and 2nd you could tell your family for right now if you dont want it to interfeer with your exams and if it goes well you might have the courage to come out for everyone. its not a rush though:slight_smile: i would think of your safty first since you said the're bullies and are the're other gay people at your school? if so how do people treat them? If you do decide you want to come out to everyone i would come out after your big exams. Be carefull though! we dont want you getting hurt!!

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you don't feel that it would be safe to come out at your school, then don't come out.

If you do decide to come out at school, I would talk to some teachers or administrators first. This is so that you can go to them if you have problems with students at the school. It's always good to have some teachers or principles that you trust. Also, maybe you could come out after exams. That way it will not affect your score.

Congrats on coming out so far!!