1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm new and I could use some help!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MtnFr3sh, Sep 28, 2012.

1. MtnFr3sh

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Okay, I already posted this exact same thing, I didn't notice that there were categories, so I'm re-posting in the right category.

Okay guys, I am new at blogging. I guess I'll start by introducing myself, this part is basically copied and pasted from my biography, why type it twice ya know?

I was born in Plano, TX to my mother and father, my father is an asshole that only cares about himself, divorced about three years after I was born, my mom is still single, and my dad has been married countless times, it seems he doesn't care because I haven't seen him in about two or three years.

I LOVE rock and alternative, like Green Day, Muse, and Coldplay, etc.
    I mostly watch Regular Show and Adventure Time, but if something else good is on I'll watch it. And I'm pretty much addicted to facebook

I first became confused in 6th grade, and I was really scared of what it made me, over the years I've thought I had finally figured it out, then, boom! I'm not sure anymore.

Recently I thought I was sure I was bisexual, I was sure I liked guys more, a lot more than girls. If you gave me the option between two extremely attractive people, male and female, I'd pick the guy no questions about it. I was to the point where I was thinking of when I should tell my mom, like, down to the next few days. Then (Fuck my life) I'm not sure I like girls at all. If I do like girls at all it's probably by less than 5% while the other 95% is for guys.

I leave you with a question that maybe you could help me answer. if my desire towards guys and girls is in those proportions does that still make me bi or does it make me gay?
    :help:

2. Cloudbreaker

95% guys and 5% girls? And you want to know if that makes you bi or gay? Well, that all depends on if you would rather round your numbers or not. You could identify as "bi with a strong preference for guys," or "mostly gay but slightly bisexual," or you could just go with gay and then wait to explain the complexities of your orientation if you ever happen to fall for a girl. Or if you want, you could even identify as simply "not straight." In the end it doesn't really matter too much, because you are you, and not the label you give yourself.

3. th3wallflow3r

I think the above covers it well.
    I label myself as bi but I have a preference to girls.

4. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would say gay fits you best. In my opinion a 5% attraction to females isn't really worth noting since you are not very likely to be in a relationship with a woman.

5. King

King Guest

I agree strongly with this, although I also understand your desire for a label. I like labels, too.
    I'm not bisexual so I don't know the desire for both genders, thus I can't relate to wanting to be labelled either bi or gay - but in every day conversation, I identify as gay because that label more closely resembles what I am. Gay doesn't truly cover all that I am, because I'm a bit more complicated then that, but explaining my true orientation to people who wouldn't understand it would be a pain in the ass.
    You ultimately have to follow your heart... Is that 5% worth calling yourself bisexual?

6. I feel like you're trying to hard to label yourself. If you're attracted someone or if you're not is all that really matters in my opinion.

7. MtnFr3sh

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thank you all, I just wasn't really sure. I think if and when I do decide to come out I might label myself as gay, and explain to the people I know, like my mom. Anyway, thank you all! I know some people say labels are bad, but with something like this, I know what I am, I just want a label so that way it would be easier to explain, which is much better than taking thirty minutes to explain this in every day conversation. :slight_smile: