1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I like her, how can I get to know her?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by metoo, Sep 28, 2012.

1. metoo

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I really like this one girl Katy who goes to my school and runs XC with me. She is good friends with one of my friends, but she is extremely independent. Not someone to follow the norm, and I love how she just is herself. I want to get to know her better and spend more time with her, but I don't know how to go about doing so. I know she doesn't dislike me because when she compliments me she I can tell she means it. I want to spend more time with her, but I don't want to just be an annoying follower of what she does. I don't know her well enough to ask her to hang out, and I don't want to tell her that I have a crush on her. (PS: I am out to no one) :eusa_doh:

2. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't necessarily call you a follower, even if you aren't into the things that she enjoys then pretend. It's a good way to spend more time with her, that way you can get to know her better. And yes, you should wait for a little while just to get an idea how she is and if she's into girls. How long have you known her? There's really no allocated time when you should tell someone that you like them. However, you do not want to wait too long because you never know who else may have their eyes on her. I tend to take things slow only to protect my heart.

Try giving her compliments on any/everything, but don't go overboard. Text her goodnight etc...I'm telling you things that I do and it's the littlest things that count, so keep it subtle, but sweet :slight_smile:

#2 pinklov3ly, Sep 28, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2012
  3. metoo

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thanks, I think those are some great ideas! The thing is, she has a boyfriend (I do know that she kinda want to break up with his though because my friend who is friends with her knows.) I also really do want to do the things that she does, they are clever and sometimes daring, and I am daring and sometimes have good ideas, but ever since I got into High School my reputation has been nerdy good kid who is super nice, but would never do anything bad. I have know her since the middle of 7th grade (3 years) but never too well. I do want to be sweet, and I don't want her to know that I am into her, I just want to spend more time with her.

4. metoo

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    P.S. I had lunch with her a few days ago, and also other of my XC friends. It was really fun. I think I am moving in the right direction. I an however staying up way to late at night just planning on how I will tell her that I am gay, even though I probably won't tell her for another few years. How can I not obbsess over it too much?

5. metoo

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yesterday, when we were playing Truth or Dare she told us (me and my friends) that she didn't like it when people followed one person everywhere. So much for the idea of going along with what she does. I also wrote her a letter today telling her everything, but I probably won't give it to her for another four years or so when we graduate from high school.

6. metoo

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So yesterday at Basketball tryouts, we were the only two left in the gym (everyone else had gone into the locker room to try on sweats), and I thought that she was just going to follow them into the locker rooom because her two best friends were in there. (PS she is the manager because she hurt her ankle) But instead she came up to me and we started talking. After about 1 min though one of her friends came out of the locker room, and they talked for about a min, but then the friend went back in.

After that, it got kinda awkward. So I just said, "I'm gonna go check if my mom is waiting outside to pick me up" because I knew she probably was.

But when I was walking away she asked me if I was go to NXR (an optional cross country meet in Arizona) When I said I wasn't, she looked genuinly dissapointed. She is going just to watch because of her hurt ankle. At that moment I just really wanted to be sitting on the green of the golf course where the meet was, watiching all of out mutual friends run, and just talking and flirting together.

Overall, it just made my day that she came up to me, instead of me always coming up to her. I am really glad to see her at basketball. Hopefully I can get to know her better.

7. alea

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Oh my god this story is so sweet and romantic! I was just reading through totally into it. You have to get with this girl! But I wouldn't recommend the letter option, I "declared my love" for someone once, and it didn't end well. She clearly likes you as a person!

I think you should talk to her honestly about the fact that you think she's a great person, and then later down the road you can elude to your feelings about her. Also you should find out her sexuality a bit more. It would be a shame if she's straight!

xx

8. metoo

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thanks. I really like her. Today I was walking in the hall, and saw her and said, "Hi Katy" I probably wouldn't have if we hadn't have made eye contect as I turned the corner or if I wasn't with someone who knew her. Usually when this happens with anyone they just say, "HI" back but she asked me if I was going to go to basketball tryouts today, and I turned and said, "Yep, I'll be there." Then kept walking. I should have asked her if she was going to be there but I was too far past in the hall to ask.

She is so nice and I love her laugh. When I was in eighth grade when she signed my yearbook she wrote an entire page. I think she did that for a lot of people though.

The part about her being straight..... well she has a boy friend but he goes to a different school than us so they don't see each other much. Her older sister, she told me once, has a girlfriend, so being not straight may run in the family.

About the letter, I wouldn't consider it a "declaration of my love" for her. I was planning on giving it to her after we graduate from high school, when I will probably never see her again, just to explain the whole situation to her. (However I am only in grade 9 so thing may change, for better or for worse)