1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tips on Getting Guys

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ckswimmer, Sep 28, 2012.

1. ckswimmer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ok, so this is a question on exactly the title. I am looking to experiment, but in all honesty have no idea where to begin. Background info: I'm 16, junior, and am in the closet...and have never done ANYTHING with a guy.

2. Gen

Gen

Its really hard to give tips, because its really hard to find a guy at your age. Even most people who come out during highschool, arent in a relationship til they are in college. Things open up alot more after highschool. It's even easier if you end up going to college. So I know I'm not necessarily answering your questions, but finding someone for young LGBT people is honestly kind of by luck.

But dont feel bad because you havent done anything with a guy. The vast majority havent at your age. I wouldnt feel bad about.

3. ckswimmer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    it sounds really bad, but i would almost be ok with alomst...solely experimentation. (could that sound any worse)

4. Gen

Gen

Just wanting to experiment isnt a problem at all. Its just better if in the future, you let the other person know that you are unsure and are searching for answers, so they will know that things may or may not go anywhere past that.

Although, my post made it seem like it was geared to searching for a relationship, the same idea basically applies. I know you really want to try new things and experiment now, but it is very difficult to really make connections with other LGBT while in highschool usually. Not to mention, when you are still experimenting and not 'out'. But its not like this will last forever. Many more options will open up for you in probably the next two years.