1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

relationship and coming out?!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by rainbowfox, Sep 29, 2012.

1. rainbowfox

well, it's about 2 months that i meet a wonderful guy on the internet, first we became friends and now we are going out, every thing is great, we are both interested and every thing is going on well :grin:
    but there are some problems too :slight_smile: we live in a really homophobic country (one of the worst in world, being gay is punished brutally by government.) so being out is really dangerous.
    but it's not miserable (i don't want to sound like that). I'm out to my parents and my best friends (3 close friends) but I have lots of friends in uni whom I meet and talk a lot with. well when i was not in a relationship I could tell every one that I'm not interested or I don't have time but these days as our relationship became more serious, well, I can't hide my feelings :grin: all day I'm smiling, i became supper active and ... :grin: so every one feels that there is some one.
    most of these friends are trustworthy and reliable BUT on the other hand I'm terrified that if i come out to all of these friends rumors can spread and painful outcomes there can be

I would appreciate any advice :slight_smile:

2. TwoMethod

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know what advice to give you other than that you have to be 100% certain that the people you come out to are people that you can trust. Being punished brutally by the government is not a risk you want to play around with.

If the country you live in is the "most homophobic country" in the world, then you need to count yourself lucky that your parents and your best friends are so accepting (at least that's the impression you gave). You are very lucky. But you don't want to push your luck either, unfortunately.

I wish I could give you some other advice to you, and if you were living in another country I would.

Maybe the reason that people have been so accepting is because they think you are not acting on your homosexual desires? For instance, I know that in the Catholic Church, being gay itself is not considered evil, but doing thinks like kissing and having sex and being in a relationship is considered evil (or something like that). Is it the same in Islam? Maybe they would not be as accepting if you tell them you are acting on them.

I don't know what to say other than thread carefully!

3. sidisaak

The more people you tell, the bigger chance there is that you can`t control who knows.

When I came out, I first told my closest friends and all of my family. Within three days, people I hadn`t talked to in years were emailing me and asking me if it was true that I am gay. News travels fast. Bad news, doublely so. And if even one person see your homosexuality as a bad thing, things can get very bad very quick.

I don`t mean to scare you, but at the same time, I think in your situation, fear is a healthy thing. Be careful!

4. rainbowfox

thanks :slight_smile: i thought about the situation in total prospect again and considered all you said, I think silence is the best thing that i can do :slight_smile: I should learn how to hide my emotions :slight_smile: to protect myself and more imp than that to protect the guy that I love :slight_smile:
    again, thanks for all of your advices :slight_smile: