1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A question for bisexual people

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by speedracing22, Sep 29, 2012.

1. speedracing22

I like both guys and girls, but I sometimes feel like I could never see myself being in a relationship with just a guy, or just a girl. I feel like one has "something" that the other is missing. It's a very frustrating feeling. I have only dated girls, so I guess I don't have much to base this off of. But this has been on my mind for a while now.

I can't really articulate what it is that one has over the other. But for example, I sometimes think about when I am older and I want to get married. I love the idea of having kids, having a wife and having a "family". I just don't feel like a guy could give me that "family" feeling if we adopted kids that a girl could. And it's not about the adopting part - I am ok with adopting kids - it's just a thing I can't describe.

Then again on the flip side, I am more physically attracted to guys. And I also feel like a guy would make for a better relationship. I just don't want to be with one, and feel later in life like I made a mistake, and that I really wanted the other. To be really honest - I don't want to be one of those guys that gets married to a woman and ends up cheating when i'm older with a guy. I am NOT the cheating type, and this just really bothers me.

Do any of you who are bisexual feel this way or have felt this way and got over it?

2. Caudex

Caudex Guest

I know how you feel. I have the same problem! I think I know the feeling you're describing. What I feel is that everyone might segregate against, either kids or a teacher. If it's not, oops! If it is, we can at least commiserate.

3. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, that part of it, I am not sure I can relate to. I have no desire to have kids and a "family" in that sense. I just want to have someone to share my life with, whether that's a cisman, ciswoman, or someone trans.

And I feel like you do that there are different things everyone can share with us, but I think about that on a more sexual level than in terms of the romantics.

It doesn't sound to me like you're having a problem with monogamy, but on some level, you want to enjoy the bisexual experience, so I'll just put it this way. Play the field. Just have relationships with men and women, and be a gentleman no matter want. You'll probably get a little clearer on what you want as far as long term goals.

I don't know about you, but I am asking since we're the same age. My long term goals for my life aren't really formulated yet. How are yours? Where do your romantics or desire for a family fit in?