1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for advice

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Doc H, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Doc H

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello. Im rather new to these kinds of environments so I hope I dont make myself look silly.

I could use advice from someone, and really just somebody to talk to. Im living in a texas city and I cant think of any way to tell my family that I want a boyfriend rather than a girlfriend.

I love my family a lot and I dont want to hurt them. But not having anyone to talk to leaves me feeling frustrated and angry (im not good at meeting new people).

What would be the best course of action?

2. Caudex

Caudex Guest

We're all here for you, which is probably a bad thing in my case, but everyone else can at least partially cancel out my posts. :icon_bigg But we can definitely try to help you out. Is there something in particular about which you're frustrated?

3. Doc H

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I frustrated that I cant even talk about this with my family. My parents know and are understanding, but the rest of my family is religious, so Im afraid to even go there. It doesnt help that Im in Texas either, which has me borderlining on always looking over my shoulder. I'd really just like the chance to actually have a relationship rather than always hiding behind a mask.

4. halfemptycloset

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I live in a Texas city too! I hate Texas for how anti-gay (besides some of Austin) it is. It makes my life soooo much more difficult, makes me feel really isolated. I feel your pain.

5. Doc H

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Im glad to hear someone else hates this backwards thinking state.