1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Way to Meet Other Closet Cases?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by AAASAS, Sep 29, 2012.

1. AAASAS

How do people meet other closet cases. I'm 22 very lonely, and live in a rural community.

I honestly am sick of squandering my youth, and just want to meet someone. Coming out is not an option at the moment, I know meeting someone may help me to do so.

I am unbelievably lonely, and just want to meet someone. I'm in great shape, for no reason, am young, and I just want to be off fooling around, falling in love, like everyone else.

Has anyone that is in the closet even ever met anyone else that was closeted gay in real life? How would that even go down.

Life is shit for me at the moment. I really am just a waste.

2. metoo

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    First you are not a waste.

Second if you would like to meet other gay/lesbian/tran/bi people, you will have to get out a little. Try going to the local LGBT meetings or if you are in school you could see a counsler at the LGBT office. The people running these organizations will not out you, they understand most of the time.

Third why is coming out not an option for you, after some though you may change your mid about that. I don't however want to presure you into telling people who may hurt or chastize you. Take it slowly and read peoples reactions toward LGBT people.

3. BudderMC

I'm confused. Care to elaborate on your reasoning behind this one?

4. VivaLaVida

VivaLaVida Guest

I feel ya. I have only met one other person at school who revealed he was gay after I opened up to him in a rather casual conversation and it led to nothing really, other than that it is extremely challenging to meet guys this way.

I tried the Gay Straight Alliance at my school and it just didn't seem like a fit, nothing against it though.

I also feel like my best years are passing me by but when you are not completely out, and even if you are it's tough out there. I suppose my advice is to approach guys as a friend first and this will eventually lead to more if the guy is also interested. Either that or go online to find hook ups but I certainly don't recommend this and haven't done it myself.

You are not alone in feeling the way you do. I wish you the best of luck.

#4 VivaLaVida, Sep 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2012
  5. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Meeting other closeted people while you are also in the closet is extremely difficult since both people will be hiding from each other as much as they can.

You best bet would be online dating sites or support groups, but even then you are going to be able to take a risk and come out a bit since you will be meeting people that will know about you.

If you are truly not ready to come out at all, then EC can be a great resource. I know it doesn't beat talking to someone in person, but there are TONS of members on here who are either in your position or have been in your position. Feel free to talk to people here and use this resource until you feel you are able to go to support groups or something similar.

And you are far from being a waste (*hug*)

6. RedState

I'm still in the closet so huddle up..listen.

You will get the advice here of.."seek out a local LGBT group" or whatever..and while that is a good idea..that may include 4 people...but does that really represent your reality? Nah...not really. You are sitting there..struggling with what is going on..and it sucks..I mean sucks big fucking time sucks.

I've been there..so I know...I know how lonely it can get..and, quite frankly, how frustrating it can be...and , how you can get to that low, worthless point. But..you really are not...it's just part of the motions. I went through that whole period of feeling sorry for myself and self blame...had a hell of a time of it (but that's a whole other story)...but hey, here I am...still here.

But to directly answer your question of how to meet other closet cases...well..I continued to go out in the closest big city from me (which was Atlanta)..and met a ton. Not saying that it works for everyone..but it did for me.

Some people do the whole ****** or whatever...I'm just not into all that...I think shit like that is creepy..but call me old fashioned I guess.

But, I know how the whole closet life can be..it sucks..and it wears on you.

But, in the end, it does make thick skin even thicker.

Good luck.

7. AAASAS

Thanks for the advice, despite most of it being generic. I know it's all good intentions to say a LGBT support group, but I guess I didn't clarify that really is not for me. I'm also 22 and not in school, I don't think I will be going to University; I find it is too much of a norm, and way too many dense people get in,(I got kicked out of Highschool for skipping too much even though I had an 85% average, took only University courses, mainly maths and sciences, this discouraged me from going to University because it seems out schooling system is an utter joke, moronic kids that can't read or tell you the name of our Prime Minister and think Vancouver is a province are off getting their degrees while I slag away at a menial labour job) Bleh, I don't even want to get into that part of my life, I am very discouraged by society regardless of being gay. It seems the only way to get ahead in life is have connections, be a shady person, and a very fake person. I am not the suit and tie type.

BLAH BLAH, getting off track.

I should've mentioned I really don't get along with typical homosexuals, and the LGBT community, I think the idea of a LGBT community just promotes segregation and further perpetuates my feelings of alienation when it comes to society as a whole. I want to be part of my COMMUNITY, not one that is based of sexual orientation, that just seems weird, gross, and narcissistic.

I don't plan on coming out just due to my nature, I tend to get along with males more, and really do not find myself falling in love with straight guys; they almost gross me out, but I also tend to befriend people that are more likely less tolerant of gays(they think they should have rights most Canadians do, but they have that "stay away" attitude).
    That is why I am not coming out right now, I need to get to a situation where I care less about my friends. I think meeting another guy may help do this. Right now I have no reason to come out, I dont have a guy, I only ever do hook-ups online with complete sketch bags that make me seem ridiculously comfortable with my sexuality(most guys on online hook-up sites won't even admit they are gay, they are just 22 and curious, like thats even possible).

So yea,

I live in a very rural area too, so if I came out, I would be the only one in the village, and I really do not want to be the only gay in town.(I know I'm not the ONLY ONE, but I would be the only out one).

I've already begun removing myself from social situations, especially ones thats involve females, I hate the pressure of having to "wheel". Im at the point where I can't really act like I'm straight anymore(but my natural behaviour makes me seem straight anyways), so I avoid situations that are highly social.

I basically have become a recluse, only hanging out if we are just chiling at home or going to a movie. I used to love to party and meet new people, but once sex becomes the main objection of the night for everyone, I really can't do it without feeling totally awkward.

I was just wondering how other people IN THE CLOSET meet other people. Getting to know a random guy isn't really an option, I'm not going to befriend someone with the hopes they are gay. I do not bother messing with straight guys, the chances are more likely they are straight, so why would I want to make them feel awkward.

----------

I have a friend I really want to tell, he is moving away with his girlfriend soon, and it's gunna be really hard without him here, since we have hung out almost everyday since we were kids, and have lived on the same street for 10 + years.

I just feel I am going to weird him out, I never had a crush on this guy, he is literally like my brother, but we are just so close, and have done so much together, that I feel he'll be mad I didn't tell him earlier. I don't think he's the type to be friends with a gay dude, so it's almost like I've tricked him into making him my friend. Does anyone else feel this way that is closeted?

Like they're tricking and deceiving their friends. I am really guilty about this because they have spent so much time with me, and are good friends. I don't know, I can be told true friends will stay with you no matter what, but I really feel I am in the wrong here. A person is entitled to their own opinions, and if they feel uncomfortable around homosexuals than thats fine, people enjoy like minded people.

I don't know, I just can't do it anymore, I'm in too deep with my buddies, I feel it's now or never to tell them. I FEEL LIKE A WEIRDO BECUASE I'VE BEEN LYING SO LONG. Like honestly, my friends even know my preferences for girls; which is basically just my male preference. They think I'm a horn dog, ugh.

---------------

HOW DO YOU JUST MEET OTHER PEOPLE and STOP GIVING A FUCK ABOUT YOUR FRIENDS.

I feel so scummy.

---------- Post added 7th Oct 2012 at 06:39 PM ----------

I feel if I meet another like minded gay guy I may have a reason to come out. I don't know I haven't even been in "like" with a guy, so right now coming out only means possible further alienation, but if I was more involved with a guy, or even had a gay friend to fall back on, maybe coming out wouldn't be so scary.

I've been suggested therapy by my mother, and scords of other people I've told my problem too, but I know exactly what is wrong with me, and what is needed. I'm the type to ease into something this big, not the type to just rip the band-aid off in a second. I need a reason to come out, something positive that outweighs the possible negatives. I am too set on the negatives that could come from it than the positives, because I really don't have anecdotal evidence of anything positive happening.

I am not campy or flamboyant by nature anyways so coming out really isn't necessary, it's not like people think I'm gay when they first meet me, I'm sure after a while you may suspect it since I really don't pursue girls.

8. ezkill

I have a few things to say...

Coming out isn't about shoving it in people's faces -- I think you might have a bad impression of coming out. It's a tool to allow you to be true to yourself and others, and to become closer to those you love. It's sharing a part of you with people you care about. It has nothing to do with whether or not you are "camp". There are a lot of guys who are very, very masculine that are completely out, and one of their straight friends have any problem. With that being said, you don't have to come out. But you may find that you avoid social situations, and avoid making new friends in general as you try harder and harder to hide your secret (at least now it's a secret).

Anyways, to answer your main question.... There aren't very effective ways at meeting other closeted guys. There isn't some secret meeting place or club you can go to. People in the closet, who want to remain in the closet, will try anything they do to hide their true sexuality from everyone they don't want knowing about it, including you. So as you can imagine, it's going to be very hard for you to meet someone in person that is also closeted, that you know is closeted.

I think the best option for you, right now, is to find someone online to relate to. The reason I say "online" is because you clearly have no desire to come out of the closet or be outed. There are a lot of people in your same situation that use this forum. Maybe you can reach out to them and offer each other mutual support.

Lastly, you mentioned that you also want to meet other people without "giving a fuck about your friends". The way you meet people without caring about what others think... is to actually not care about what they think! I know, it sounds stupid, it's easier said than done. The best way to meet people is to learn how to enjoy your own company, and to show people that you are comfortable and true to yourself. When you learn to be comfortable with yourself, you tend to not care what other people think of you anyways.

hope this helps.

9. SarahRod98

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    im having a similar problem. i really wanna meet some other bi/lesbian girls, but no one really knows about me. im not trying to hide it;if someone asks or it comes up, i tell them. but still moat people dont know. advice?

10. speedracing22

I am 22, and I am in the closet. What you described as getting along well with guys...liking typical guy things, etc, I would say I am the same way, so I get why you feel like you don't want to come out. I told 2 really close friends and that's it. You said you have a very close friend - my best advice to you is to start by just telling him. It's scary, you worry what hes going to think, all that crap, but I am telling you that you will feel 100X better once you have a close friend you can talk to. You said he's moving - just do it dude. Tell him. I went back and forth for 2 years on if I should tell my friend or not, I am so happy I finally did. I have someone that I can be myself around and talk to freely without giving a shit. It's the best thing you can do.

You started by coming here, and this is a good place to talk and meet people like you. But aside from this, being in the closet sucks, and its going to be hard to meet people you can relate to where you live if you aren't out.

Also ditto most of what ezkill said. He's pretty much said most of what I would say.

11. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

That's the thing, they obviously don't mind being friends with a homosexual. They just don't know it yet.

If you tell them there is going to be a bit of shock at first, but you are going to be breaking a lot of stereotypes an wild ideas (that even you might have) and they are going to come to the conclusion that all of that was wrong, and that they still like you as a friend.

You might lose some people, but if you guys are as close as you describe, then most of them won't care and some might even have their own suspicions already, but they haven't said anything out of respect.

Stick around a bit, meet some people and read some coming out stories. Being authentic with yourself and others will always bring more good things than bad things. Its not easy, but the happiness that it can bring is completely limitless.

12. Eddard

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    First, I think the "meeting a closet case" has been made pretty clear already, so I won't say much. You're basically just going to get hook-ups.

Like you, almost all of my close friends are guys (and straight). There were some things they said, probably like what you've heard, that made me wonder if I should ever tell them. After I told them, I even had to reassure them that they hadn't offended me in the past. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: But I think the "stay away" thing is just a cultural sort of banter between them. Hell, there was even a guy (like your friend) that I really wondered about, but he ended up being one of the most sensitive and understanding of my inner circle! :slight_smile: People can surprise you! Especially when you're highly paranoid because you're in the closet. You're exactly right about the lies and deception: being closeted means always being alert, never fully relaxed, high-strung, constantly thinking in deceptive/manipulative terms. As soon as you start coming out, this mindset starts to break apart piece by piece. That's likely reason enough (apart from finding a guy) to come out!!!

Right before I started coming out, I was getting closer and closer to the withdrawal situation you're describing. I knew that's where I was heading, and it shook me. You still might need more time to wait (I did), but the whole thing is caused by not being out. If you want it to end, something needs to change. So, you might need to move somewhere, or come out, or something. Your best friend is likely a good candidate. I know exactly how you feel about telling him, because that's basically how I felt about telling some of my friends. And hey, if you trust him enough, all you'll need to do is ask him to keep it confidential. Even if you tell just a few people, it makes a HUGE difference and already starts to shatter the closet mentality. It's a wonderful thing, if you can find a way to do it!

As for the lying bit, almost everyone will understand. The thing about being in the closet is that being gay seems about a thousand times more of a bigger deal than it does to anyone else out there. Most of our attention at that point, conscious or unconscious, is on our secret inner life (especially when most people don't even suspect us and treat us as if we're straight)!

Hope this has helped somehow. Glad you're here, anyway! :slight_smile:

13. AAASAS

Yea, I don't even know why I made this thread. I'm basically mentally insane, I post the same shit on the different forums, or the same shit in different wording, looking for the answer I want basically, at least I am aware of this.

I knew there really wasn't a way to meet other closet cases other than online hook-up sites, which really are just super fucked up. The guys on there have severe mental problems for the most part when it comes to dealing with gay. I at least know I am gay, as I said, most of them aren't "closet" cases because they won't even admit to themself they're gay, they're not even in the closet yet.

I just wished there was like a site for closet cases. I find talking to them is a lot more calming, not that out people don't help, I just see since they're on the other side of the fence, it is easy for them to say it's easy to come out. I basically know it's easy, and I know I can do it, I consciously choose not to because the negatives at the moment out weight the positives. What I am trying to do is find a reason to come out.

I had a boyfriend before who was out, and pushed it on me too hard. To be fair I was a total freak, wouldn't go out in public with him at all even as friends, wouldn't meet his friends because they knew I was gay, he even wanted to introduce me as his straight friend. I really treated this guy like total shit, and he is still kinda obsessed with me, like he is holding on to me coming out. Now I had feelings for him, but they weren't entirely strong, he was too much of a risk for me too date, so I got to see his bad side a lot more. One of the reasons I'm posting on here, is because we actually met on another gay forum online, I never even thought that I could meet someone via a forum, and he tries to contact me so much that I stopped posting on there.

So yea, I know I can't date people that are out because it's just too unfair to them.

I don't know, I just have it set in my mind that another closet case can help me come out becuase they're in the same boat.

I also realize being gay isn't as big a deal as it seems, but as I said, I have put on this fake straight act for so long, I feel like a real douche bag.

I don't know, it sounds weird, but I've like changed infront of my buddies, gone skinny dipping ....etc, just for like swimming, never anything gay, and it's just things like that, and other personal things I know about my friends, that I feel I might creep the shit out of them. I literally just pump out excuses for myself though, once one is knocked down, I'll just think of another one to justify why I'm creepy. I even say "You're a fag" , and "That's gay". I used to not say it at all because it was hard for me to do so, but now it's easy as fuck, I can throw homophobic slurs around no problem, this also worries me.

So yea, I basically know there is no way to meet other closet cases, I was just hoping there was. I am unbelievably lonely.

#13 AAASAS, Oct 7, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  14. Eddard

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

Well, I'm not fully out myself, either. But still, I know I won't be able to relate to you entirely either. All I can say is, I'm definitely not saying it's easy! It's really hard, actually! A lot of this stuff that you're describing was exactly how it was/is for me. BUT, if you go about it the right way, it starts to get easier. But yeah, I guess the main thing is to find other people to talk to. And it's your lucky day! This *is* one of the "closet sites"! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But yeah, just for the record, I did a lot of that stuff with my straight friends, and after waiting a while, still do! The one guy I told you about, who I wasn't sure how he'd react, ended up sharing a bed with me on several occasions after the fact. And I had a shower with two of my friends last weekend when we went on this trip. It wasn't really that sexual at all! We're friends. It's not that weird, for us anyway.

And yes, of course! Being out to anyone is going to be super weird and literally unthinkable because you've never done it yet. I remember basically feeling naked for the first time around the first people I told. It was really awkward too, sometimes, just for me. It feels like you're shedding your skin, to put it mildly. If I'm making it sound easy, I'm not trying to at all. There's a lot of change going on, and probably grief over your old identity/persona to boot!

And yet, it's definitely worth it, even if you can find just one person. But of course, even coming here is a great start!

15. AAASAS

^
    No I appreaciate your help, and all. I wasn't saying you said it was easy.

I was saying it was easy. When you think about it it is only saying three words, that is how I originally wrote it on paper to tell my mom. I didn't believe the words as I wrote them, I just thought "Well, it's only three words".

Coming out is going to happen wether I like it or not, at the moment though I'd like to meet other closet cases, and try to do as much living as I can while I am in the closet.

HAS ANYONE TEXTED THEIR FRIENDS THEY'RE GAY?

I really have a problem with saying the words out loud, but I have no problem writing it.

Is it too important of a thing to tell someone in a text. I wrote my mom a letter, but I'm not gunna do that for my buddies, that's "gay".

I feel I should just text my friend. I honestly cannot see myself saying the words to him, or anyone, my ex used to try to or he forced me to say it. I can say the words in a non-serious way, I don't know, I'm really fucked up when it comes to that.

------

I've already ruined relationships because of this, and am ruining the ones I currently have because of it. I've become a real downer. I have like 1/10th the amount of friends I did even two years ago. Partially from highschool ending, partially from me becoming anti-social. I've never even been to a club in Ontario in my life.

Does anyone else find going out pointless when your friends are trying to get laid the entire time?

16. Eddard

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    To reply again, yes, I've texted people. I preferred doing it face-to-face, but there was also a point where the co-ordinating to meet up was getting complicated with some people. And even the face-to-face stalling was getting tiring. As it happens, I'm also stronger at written communication like you. :slight_smile: (I remember with some of my friends, I'd make the special "appointment" to tell them, and then stall for at least 10 minutes. It was horrible!) With texting, it's harder to have the wonderful follow-up chat with the close friends, but that can also happen after you text about it.

And yes, I also find it to be pointless and somewhat depressing. Even though I'm flesh and blood like everyone else, and can understand how casual sex happens, I really want a meaningful connection to begin with. >_>

17. AAASAS

^
    Well yes, casual sex isn't the greatest, not saying I wouldn't partake, I would rather have a relationship, even when I "preyed" online, I chatted the guys up for a month at least before we met, most of them actually wanted to pursue a relationship, but as I am in the closet I said fuck that.

I meant going out with straight people to straight clubs. I can't chase after girls like my buddies, so I don't see a point to going out with them. This is one of my biggest worries, because that is a big part of a male relationship, trying to wheel girls. You don't even need to get with a girl, it's just the act of it. I think this is what has drawn me away from my friends the most. They have a lot more personal stories and adventures together because I withdraw myself from those situations, I get left out.

It's really frusturating, because I cannot just go get a bunch of girls to get my friends, I cannot stand females for the most part(not all of them just the typical ones). I find it hard to have a conversation with them just due to the sheer differences in what we enjoy. Not to say I haven't met a couple that I have befriended before, I actually had a really good female friend until a year ago. She either had a crush on me, or my buddies, because she used to get really jealous of us....etc, she would have been my prime candidate to tell, but I don't have her anymore, we got into a big fight.

So yea, I don't really get along with girls(well I do, I just don't like being friends with them; they bore me).

I think Im gunna text him when I buy a cellphone(I don't even have a cellphone, thats how anti-social I've become). By not having a cellphone I've also become a lot more personable of a person though, so I feel my friends may not take me seriously if I tell them I am gay via text, because I just never was a texter or a social media type of guy. I prefer human contact.

I can imagine how you would feel when stalling, I nearly told my buddy once, and ended up telling him my parents were getting divorced(when I was like 16) instead, even though they're only separated. So I know I can't do it in person, I freak out WAY TOO MUCH.

I know I won't get a bad reaction, tehy're too nice to be a douche to my face, but I can see them becoming distant after, stop calling ....etc.

18. Eddard

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Really wish I could private message you, but apparently I can't send to "regular members" (for whatever reason?).

No, I knew what you meant about the straight people! I don't know very many gay people, and have only hung out with one a few times. I also get annoyed sometimes at how they talk about women, but I've been learning that straight guys don't always say what they really mean in that arena. It's a whole different game.

Anyway. It's a different world, yes. And I'll admit, when my straight guy friends were talking about the first time they ever noticed a girl the other day, I was obviously left out of the conversation. It struck me, and I was a little bit sad. I wish I could share that nostalgia with them! But part of it is easier, somehow, when they know. Before, they might have turned to me, and I'd have to throw out some non-response, where I would distance myself even further. At least now they're not putting any pressure on me in that way.

And the wheeling is a big part of bonding, but again, it changes once they know. It IS possible some might distance themselves from you. But I remember thinking the same thing, and it hasn't really happened. (I could just be lucky, maybe.) Of course, some things change, but it's mostly just making adjustments with the new piece of information. There are ways to make it work.

As for the girls thing: TOTALLY! I'd hate to be a gay man with mostly female friends. I need the "guy time" just as much as my straights!

The stalling can also happen with texting, but you're not doing it while they're sitting there. Either way, you're gonna feel like you're standing at the edge of a cliff. Even though you want to jump, you're also one second away from backing away and giving up. The odds are fifty-fifty that you'll say it or not. Once you do it, there's no turning back. But you somehow find the nerve, usually some split-second craziness, where you take the leap--and blurt it out.

19. AAASAS

^
    Yup, thats all true, and how I feel.

The blurting part is really a non-option, I honestly cannot utter the words I'm gay, I can hardly say it by myself, I've never even said it infront of my mom. My brother and dad know about me and it HAS NEVER come up in conversation, my mom did warn them that things turn ugly if you bring it up though.

I think the texting is easier because I honestly do not stall when it comes to pressing a button, it's just such a mechanical impersonal thing that I have no problem doing it, but that is also part of the problem. I'm the type of person to send the most ridiculous messages to my friends(one of them messages me via my ebay account, I could message him there:he texts me on his phone and since I am an active seller I usually reply fast enough).

I've even told my friends I was gay when I was drunk, and they honestly laughed so fucking hard, because again, I am a bit of an eccentric and say random shit.

I've already basically ruined my life, I think I am going to tell my friend within the week.

----

One reason I am wary is because I have been suicidal in the past, never attempted anything, and I honestly have never had the balls to do it because I couldn't do that to my family; from my point of view I can be miserable as long as it means theyre happy. But I am worried about how I would react if I had a negative reaction, which is why I am trying to build a support group. I think I suffer from PTSD from the years of suicidal thoughts I had.(from age 16-20 I was set on killing myself on my 25th birthday). Now I am honestly all over that, but am worried about a relapse. I suffered severe depression during the last years of highschool.

I also know a relapse is inevitable if I don't come out soon, because I can feel the depression kicking in.

I honestly am a different person when I get into those states, I know it isn't clinical because I was never like this as a child, and it doesn't take much to lift me up sometimes. But it honestly does get to the point where I am groggy, tired, unmotivated, don't care about anything.

Yea it's ridiculously complicated, I'm worried about a relapse from negative reactions, and a relapse from staying closeted. I really am doing this for my health. I kind of wanted to have a REAL closted friend to fall back on, I know it seems all premeditated and fake, but I know I need a good support system as I really am a depressed fucked up kid. And I honestly think it will all be fixed by coming out, I'm just worried about how I'll react in the inital months or from negative reactions, because as I said I have been severely suicidal before. I have planned it out before, and everything, and even though it's out of my head now, I don't want that to come back.

#19 AAASAS, Oct 8, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  20. bman1988

bman1988 Guest

Wow you sound a lot like me. I am 24 almost 25 and still in the closet and all of my friends are straight or at least say they're straight and there all males. I am your typical guy I grew up in a small community like you and have none of the typical stereo types. I even have had a hetero relationship and ended up actually enjoying her company quite a bit (including the sex) but now after reading here for a while I am actually thinking I have been lying to myself and that gay may infact be what I am instead of bisexual.

That fact doesn't really bother me, what bothers me is the losing my friends I have known all these guys for years and were all pretty close. If I told them, like you I would think that there was a certain degree of deception which would really me feel like a duche for keeping it from them so long.

I get where your coming from with the whole creepy a bit and in my case I have fallen in love with my best friend who I have had my suspicions about but don't know for sure. In reality he is probably straight and how creepy would that be for a straight guy to have his best friend have a crush on him. So I think for the time being I am going to bury this deep and try to move on. It really freaked me out a little when I developed this for him because before I had no attraction to him what so ever in fact we were so close the thought of it was gross. Now almost overnight I can't stop thinking about him and this whole thing just kind of freaked me out.

I will tell them eventually and I am sure they have me figured out already but it still scares me. I feel like I have some how let them down and have become increasingly depressed. Meeting people really is problematic and I am at the same point you are basically a hermit. I actually work with a couple gay people but really don't feel like I can relate to them for some reason. I feel not only distanced from everyone I know but not really a part of the whole LGBT community although this site has helped me tremendously even if I have basically done just a bunch of reading.