1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Complicated ^_^;....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TriangleDoritoz, Sep 30, 2012.

1. TriangleDoritoz

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi EC people :slight_smile:, I'm new here and I need advice...

I'm gay and I've been out for afew months now and it's been both good and bad. I recently started high school and I've been crushing on this guy who I think is gay but isn't out. I have 2 classes with him and all he does is stare at me. I'd talk to him but I'm really shy. Anyways the reason why I think he's gay is the way he sits, walks, and u know the little things. But he plays basket ball and has LOTS of straight friends... What should I do? Should I just let him be or keep trying?

2. robclem21

Hi and Welcome to EC. I'll start off with the same advice I give everyone. Especially at a young age like 15 it is tough to tell whether anybody is gay or not just by the little things. We tend to see things we want in people we like. It is best to assume most people are straight until you know definitively one way or the other to avoid ending up in some potentially bad and awkward situations.

I think it is rare that most people at 15 are out and as comfortable with it as you are. That is awesome, so congratulations, but chances are he is not at the same spot. I think your best bet is to talk to him. Because you are out, if he is gay and not ready he may feel a bit threatened/intimidated to talk to you because you are already confident with who you are and he may just be learning. I know you are shy but try to strike up a convo about anything. Maybe ask a question about the work you are doing or ask if he wants to work together on something in class. Don't make it related to being gay. Just talk casually and see how he responds and where it goes.

After talking as friends for a tiny bit he may reveal more about himself to you. Good luck. :slight_smile:

3. TriangleDoritoz

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hmmm alright, i guess ill give it a shot with talking to him. thanks :]!!