1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hurt badly, please help

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by randomflag, Sep 30, 2012.

1. randomflag

I didn't know I was bisexual until my friend starting flirting with me. I'm engaged to be married and thought by flirting back I could handle the feelings, but I couldn't. Turns out I can be romantically attracted to women and one drunken night, I ended up kissing her. She didn't kiss me back and when I asked her about the flirting, she just said OK. She didn't deny or admit that she fancied me. I want to know what's going on because it annoys me that she's not honest about her feelings. She told me that she didn't like me in that way- but why would you flirt then?! She has since not been in contact at all. It's like she doesn't care. She also organises nights out without me, whereas before she would ask me first. I'm so confused because I feel like I've done something wrong, whereas she's the one that's being dishonest. I know this is not how friends should behave but I don't want to get into an argument with her because I think she likes the attention. When I told her about my grief on telling my fiancé, she just laughed. Please help I'm really hurt.

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you need to talk to her in a non confrontational way and ask her whether you made her feel uncomfortable or whats going on, give her a chance to explain. I think she probably does like you on some level but perhaps couldnt admit it when it came down to it.

3. Eleanor Rigby

I'm really sorry for what's happening to you (*hug*) I imagine it's a painful situation to handle. Did it occurred to you that her flirty behavior may have been just for fun and that your friend never expected you to take that seriously nor for you to develop feelings for her.
    I know it's confusing, but that's not that uncommon between straight woman to be flirty with each others. Holding hands, kissing each others on the cheeks or in the neck, calling each other "sweetheart" or "love"... That's something some woman do with their close female friends without thinking it might be misleading.
    Maybe that's what happened with your friend.
    Now, it's very sad that she is having such a poor reaction now that you've let her know what your feelings are for her. I guess it's her way to let you know that she doesn't return the feelings and wants you to back off, but it's very tactless (especially considering she is the one who mislead you there) and I understand you're hurt.
    I would suggest to take your distance from her for a while. Obviously she is not interested in having a relationship with you and doesn't seem to be much interested in behaving like a good friend either. I think it might be time for you to reevaluate your friendship and to turn yourself to your other (and better) friends for help and support during these hard days.
    Take care (*hug*), Cécile

4. randomflag

Yeah maybe she did it for fun. But she used to cry to get my attention and she once told me while drunk that she had feelings for me. Why would someone do something like this for fun? That what hurts me. And why would someone want to hurt you like this? Haven't they got better things to think about? I don't want to chat to her about it because I think she would get a thrill out of the fact that I wanted to talk and that I was actually bothered.

5. Mogget

People will often say things while drinking that they'll disavow later. That's really, really common. And some people are just natural flirts who do it without really realizing the implications of it.

6. randomflag

She used to wink at me in clubs. She flirted majorly. I know when mates flirt for fun but this was different. I used to catch her looking at me etc. I want to get her back for hurting me.

7. Eleanor Rigby

Well, maybe she really has feelings for you but freaked out when she realized the feelings were mutual. You friend might just not be ready to acknowledge that she's having feelings for women. Some people have troubles accepting they're gay (or bi) and freak out when somebody from the same sex happens to have feelings for them, even if they return the feelings.
    But even in this case, I think taking your distance is the best thing you can do for yourself. Your friend doesn't seem to be in a place where she wants to acknowledge how she feels or to take responsibilities for what's happening with you. It's very likely that you're going to be hurt even more if you try to pressure her into acknowledging she's started this or she has feelings for you. You have to take care of yourself first and that starts with letting her go. I know it's difficult, but doing this now will spare you lots of suffering in the long run.
    Take care, Cécile

8. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm so sorry that you're hurting, and before you decide to get her back for leading you on think about this, Quote - Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves... on Quotations Book

A lot of girls are very flirtatious with other women and they're 100% straight. I think your friend has feelings for you, but she's not ready to admit them while sober. Some people forget what they say while under the influence, but I think those are true emotions. But unfortunately, you're going to have to let her go and if she comes back then go from there. However, I would take her words with a grain of salt; I would have a difficult time trusting her. I think you should move on and find a new girl, try joining a dating site. I know that you're engaged to be married, so make sure you're open and honest with anyone that you may meet.

#8 pinklov3ly, Sep 30, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  9. randomflag

I just don't understand why you wouldn't express your emotions. I would always say even if it meant hurting myself. My friend should have said what she thought in order to spare my pain. I am so angry right now I don't know where to start.

10. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have you tried talking to her? I mean I know at the moment she is avoiding you, but have you tried to have a serious conversation with her?

11. randomflag

I don't want to see her. I want to hurt her back. My other friend who is more friends with her doesn't text me back anymore, which is just lovely. Why can't she just say what's on her mind like an adult.