1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some advice

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ItsAllConfusing, Sep 30, 2012.

1. ItsAllConfusing

So I am ready to come out to my best friend. But I need some help with something. I am not sure if I am bi or gay or what. I do find males and females attractive, but right now can only really see myself with a guy. I just don't want to tell him I'm bi, and feel like I am still hiding something. But also if I tell him I'm gay, and sometime down the line have a relationship with a girl I would feel like I had lied also. Anyone else ever been in this situation? Or even if you haven't any advice?

2. Night Rain

Why not the truth, that you are either gay or bi, and you're not sure?

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! I have not been in this particular situation, but I think you can safely come out to him with "I'm questioning my sexuality, and still trying to figure it all out but at the moment I can see myself being with a guy." :slight_smile:

4. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Can't remember who said that labels are for soup cans :wink:. I know those categories are a somewhat useful way to communicate, but humans are much more complex than that.

How about telling him that over time you've come to realize (and accept) that you're also attracted to guys, in which percentage you're not 100% sure yet, but you're now comfortable enough with it that you don't want to feel like you're hiding it from your best friend any more.

5. ItsAllConfusing

Thanks for everyone's quick reply. I think that's what I am gonna say. Just tell him the truth. I think I was just looking for an easy answer but there isn't one.