1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling like I'm going nowhere in life

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Alexis Q, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Alexis Q

Alexis Q Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Lately I've been going back and fourth with my thoughts. Especially since I turned 22 earlier this month. I feel like I'm just working for nothing but myself and Ill always be stuck here leaving with my parents. I've tried making some changes in life, like I recently bought a car I've been drooling over (Hyundai Veloster Turbo :wink:. And while I've always been in pretty good shape due to just eating right, I started running every morning before work, which has been doing nothing but good physically/mentally for me. But I just can't seem to shake of the thoughts.

What really eats at me is that I didn't go to college, I didn't get that finding yourself experience that everyone brags about. While I have no problems socially, I never really developed any real friendships. Since I graduated high school, my life has been really dull. It's work, home, eat, sleep.. rinse and repeat. I had a short relationship when I was 20 but that was it. And Ill admit guys, I'm so sick of it. I'm tired of sitting at home every weekend just letting my youth slip away. I want to make up for lost time but I don't know where to start. My sister was a huge help, she took me to Vegas earlier this month for my birthday and I had a blast. I wish she can do it more but her nightlife is over at 28 with a child.

Thanks for reading. It felt good to air these feelings out.

2. Realguy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I am sorry you feel that way. I honestly would say... go to college. I am a senior in college now and I will tell you college is where you will truly find yourself. Not to say you won't find yourself without going, but it's an opportunity that I wish every person in the world could have.

Even taking a few classes at a community school. That would at least give you the chance to meet people.