1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

doesnt get the picture.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by th3wallflow3r, Sep 30, 2012.

1. th3wallflow3r

so I don't really know where else to post this but I feel it needs to be somewhere.
    I really don't know what to do at the moment.

earlier today I went to a male friends house to watch a TV series.. first of all some back story.
    we have known each other for a few years now and it was well known by everyone that he liked me early last year.
    the thing is I wasn't interested.. blah blah.. he tried to kiss me and I pretty much told him where to go.
    I probably could have been politer but I was under a huge ammoubt of stress at the time (no excuse but I am sorry for being how I was)

now a year down the line I and everyone else thought he was over me.

the problem only seems to start when we are alone together.
    earlier on he was hitting on me quite obviously (and this is coming from someone generally dense at noticing anything) after I yet again told him I wasn't interested and adding that I am probably lesbian (something ivthought for a while) he stillcontinued to hit on me.
    it made me incredibly uncomfortable and in the end I called in another friend so I wasn't alone with him.
    he then stopped.

what on earth is going through his mind?
    I should add that after last time I ignored him for several months and it died down.

really I have no idea what to do.
    any advise would be Awesome.

I really don't think I can hang out with him if he keeps trying to get in my pants.. its not going to happen.

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are some people that are either entirely clueless, assholes, or both.

In both cases, the only things that works is to lose all semblance of subtlety and just say something to the effect of "I'm not sure what part of this you don't understand, but I am not interested, will never be interested, and I really need for you to stop hitting on me or otherwise acting inappropriately, because it is making me very uncomfortable. If you don't stop, I will have to just give up our friendship entirely, which I don't think either of us want."

That stands at least a chance of getting the message across. But if you aren't out to him, it's possible he'll be one of those clods that just thinks you're playing hard-to-get.

3. Caudex

Caudex Guest

When/if he asks to have sex with you, say, "Do you want to come to my bedroom?" or something like that in a tone of voice implying hormonal urges. When you get there, pull out the megaphone you conveniently have stored there and yell, "NO!" right into his ear.

This might not help but it would be hilarious.

4. th3wallflow3r

I'm out to him to answer the first message.

and the second.. I really can't so that.. its not in my nature at all.
    plus I think he knows I'm asexual, even if He doesn't understand what that is.