1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Female issues on a boy day =(

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by O_Negative, Sep 30, 2012.

1. O_Negative

I've been Gage for a good month now...and got my period today =(...I already feel like crap right now because I work at a haunted hayride. I scream a lot there (it scares people XD) so my throat and nose and ears are all messed up. Cramps make it 10 times worse...and feeling frustrated because I'm mentally a boy right now. Ugh.

Trans males...how do you guys handle this? =/

2. Nemo39122

Well I'm not 100% sure yet if I identify as a transguy, but I am at least genderqueer and have days where I definitely identify more as male. So when those days happen to be during my period...it's rough. The only thing I can think to do that would help is do as much as you can to reduce the symptoms of it (take ibuprofen or something if you have headaches/cramps) so you can almost forget that it's going on. It's easy for me to say though, since I never had very painful or heavy periods except sometimes on the first day. So if you do, I don't know if that would really help much. I hope it does!

I hope you feel better! *hugs*

3. O_Negative

Thanks. I did actually take midol, but it only goes so far. I just have the general ick factor...wanting to curl up in a ball...but then I just feel irritated for feeling like I want to curl up in a ball.

Is this what people mean when they say gender dysphoria? o.o

4. O_Negative

Well I just got a little happier because I took my new profile picture and made it my profile picture because whoah I look like a boy =D

---------- Post added 30th Sep 2012 at 06:48 PM ----------

Edit: it didnt work >.>...i think it will now?

---------- Post added 30th Sep 2012 at 07:14 PM ----------

jfkdhsl im a dumbass. I was trying to change my AVATAR. Wow. BUT LOOK. I like this pic.

#4 O_Negative, Sep 30, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  5. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yup - nice pic !

#5 awesomeyodais, Sep 30, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  6. O_Negative

Thank you haha. Gah. I feel so dumb. I even hijacked my own thread.

Still looking for advice if people have any? I guess this probably should have gone in advice/support huh?...

7. Romi

So I found this months ago on Tumblr. Confessions of an ftm.

8. O_Negative

That made me laugh. Thanks Romi...I appreciate it. That's a good way to look at it.

9. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I hate it when this happens.. I usually just take medicine if the cramps are really bothering me. Other than that, I usually end up being a lot more masculine than I normally am..

I do like your new profile pic. It's pretty cool!

(I moved this to support and advice for you!)

10. O_Negative

Thank you thecat06! I was hoping someone would move it.

Masculinity is hard...i'm not out to my parents but I live at home...so its really hard to even bind. I usually bring my stuff to school to bind my chest there...theres not a lot I can do in that respect =(

11. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry, wish I could help. :frowning2:
    Just remember that being tough doesn't make a guy, it's just what you are. Guys don't have to be tough or strong when they're in pain to be a man, so curling up in a ball wouldn't make you less of one. :slight_smile: I'd still think you're strong.
    Good luck, and I noticed the profile picture before you mentioned it! Good pic!

12. smprob

Oh! That's going to be a relief now I know I'm not yet pregnant hahaha...
    Kidding. My way is to ignore any negative thoughts about it. IDK how to explain to do that, probably you know. Most of us do ignore a lot of things in life, so watch when you do in such situation and use that mindset on such difficult situations. I don't care about periods much, then I don't care much about anything, so IDK if this is much help, hope so!

BTW I think depression or/and dysphoria emerge or stay only if we let it to be there within us. Its how we deal with our emotions. Best thing is to get rid of any negative thoughts as soon as they occur or if you can keep out of things that would or have previously given them.
    Cool pic. Good luck!

13. O_Negative

Thanks everyone. I am feeling considerably better today =)...Romi's post is actually helping me turn my thinking around quite a bit.

Escapist: Honestly its not a toughness thing...I am a big softie and damn proud...my problem is I'm torn between being female and wanting to give in to it and admit that I have my period and I want to curl up in a ball, and being male and ignoring its existence. Its...an odd feeling haha.

But again I am feeling better. My ears/nose/throat cleared up a bit and I have my voice back, and I'm back to being super busy so I have reasons to ignore this stuff.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate it.

14. DJNay

From Joburg, SA but now live in Brisbane, Aus
    I still live at home too, so I know what you mean. Thoughout my teenage years I kinda detached myself from my body (kinda pretended like I was a robot/shell that covered the real me. I get really moody during that week/week before so I try avoid people and panado/mypaid is a good painkiller. :slight_smile: keep strong bro! Looking fly in your pic.:thumbsup:

15. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I started binding when I was at college.. then I went home for the summer. I was lucky, my parents never even noticed. I always wore tight sports bras before that though.

I try to stay away from people too.. it never really works out well though.. eventually I have to go to class/work. So, when that happens I just try to keep my cool.

16. O_Negative

DJNay: I use midol...always worked for me =P...and yeah I get weepy...which...bothers me haha. Even on girl days it bothers me. its like "WHY AM I CRYING? THIS IS DUMB!" But yeah...and thanks!!!

thecat06: yeah I am in college...a senior. Never bound in my life until last year when I did it for a drag show. Ended up really liking it? Haha...also I love people...I dont want to avoid them!

17. GayJay

Hahaa this is so me! And over time I have totally adjusted to doing it and even forget all about it. I'm sometimes like why do I have stomach ache? Of couse its a little depressing going the toilet. But being able to bounce back from it is something that's manly in my eyes. And then I just go the gym and kick ass to get all the fustration out of me.