1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bad Idea?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by pinklov3ly, Sep 30, 2012.

1. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, I was at my local gas station grabbing some snacks, but they were all out of what I really wanted. So, I asked the cashier if they had any in the back and that's when it happened--he told me to ask the girl who also works there. She was absolutely stunning :eek: I couldn't help, but stutter a little bit. However, there's one issue, she's of Middle Eastern descent and I'm assuming that she's Muslim as well. I know that homosexuality is not condoned according to their culture. Would it be bad idea to ask her if she likes women? I visit that store frequently and I'd hate for things to be awkward afterwards :dry:

2. ForceAndVerve

I would think just outright asking a stranger what their sexuality is is a bit umm...upfront? :grin:

3. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, since I'm loud and proud, I like to get straight to the point. I've done it before, but the girl was my ethnicity and straight. She was totally cool about it and I put a smile on her face. Rejection hurts, but I took it very well. My family seems to think it's a bad idea and I'm starting to think the same.

4. Butterthecat23

Idk. Maybe be her friend first? It might make it easier to find out what you want and not come across as a creeper. :lol: Anyways, yeah, that's one option. Or just be blunt and see where it takes you. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Best of luck! :thumbsup:

5. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh no! I don't want her to think that I'm a creeper :icon_redf I'll try befriending her, but I don't get to see her often. And I think her father's the cashier so I'm not even sure anymore :eusa_doh: