1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

unsure, again

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by feelings, Sep 30, 2012.

1. feelings

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi, I'm new to the forums. I guess I can just get to the point. I've been feeling a bit unsure about my sexuality. I have always had relationships with men, but I have had several sexual experiences with women.
    Lately, over the past couple years, I find it harder to have sex with men. I have regretful feelings, even if the person is supportive, I still regret sex, almost every time. It just feels like this enormous pressure, and I don't feel excited, although I want to make my partners happy.
    For a long time, I have felt attraction for women, but I have never had a relationship with a woman. I've been starting to wonder if I may be a lesbian. There's not a huge jump from bisexuality to being a lesbian, but I'm starting to see my sexuality in a whole new perspective.
    I have wondered if may have only been with men, out of convenience or comfort, and now that I have been single for a while, and gained more confidence, maybe I might want to try having a girlfriend. I think about being with a woman most of the time now, although I am often completely discouraged about how to go about finding such a relationship. I am also really afraid of coming out of the closet, because of the culture I live in and a very narrow-minded environment that I'm currently dealing with. I'm an adult, but am not completely on my feet, financially.
    I'm trying to be more honest with myself and my feelings. I don't want to run away or hide from the truth, or take the easy way out by just conforming to society's idea of how people should be. I just want to find someone I can be happy with, some day. I know that happiness doesn't come from relationships, but if I am to be in a relationship I would like it to be for the right reasons.
    This is the first time I actually sit down and write about this sort of stuff...

2. J Snow

Its good to write about your feelings. I know you didn't ask for advice per se, but I think it would be good for you to at least try having a relationship with a woman. If you aren't out you could always try online dating sites. If you would like someone to discuss this with in person perhaps you try counseling.

3. Haley M

Haley M Guest

I agree with Jsnow. You don't know til you try. I am sort of in the same boat. For the longest time, I feel like I should be a woman. But I also am hung up with society and afraid. But as time goes on I am getting closer to getting out there and being me! It takes time but good things come to those who wait! Just stay strong!