1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need someone to talk to ...depressed ...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by loveuso1811, Sep 30, 2012.

1. loveuso1811

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    about a year and a half ago i lost my best friend (mom) n some nights like tonight i am having a break down where all i can do is think about her ....i miss her so much it hurts ..i wish she wasnt taken ..i wish she went to the doctor when she was suppose to ..but i dont know what she was thinking ....i really need her ...:tears:

2. O_Negative

*hug*

I do not have a clue how you are feeling, but I can certainly imagine. I hope you're okay. Feel free to toss me a wall message. Remember...time heals all wounds. Maybe it doesn't seem like it now, but one day the pain will subside. You will be left with good memories and happy times, and grief won't be so hard.

3. Mogget

Grieving is a slow and difficult process. And there's no wrong way to do it. When my mom died, I mainly tried to continue life as usual, make as few changes as possible. In hindsight, I wish I'd talked to someone about my feelings, but I didn't. The hardest part for me was that the world didn't end. It continued like nothing had changed, that was almost unbearable.

4. Caudex

Caudex Guest

I'm so sorry! I kind of know how you feel; I recently dealt with my grandfather's death, although he wasn't as close to me and didn't die from illness, just old age. I DID, however, visit him almost daily and I greatly preferred him to my parents; he was the only person who knew I was gay. This will sound cold-hearted, but the way I dealt with it was not thinking about him. If you allow yourself to think about her too much, you'll get sad. I still get sad when I'm thinking about him, but it allows me to spend most of my time free of sad thought of him. This might not work for you, because your mom probably drove you to school and whatnot, but you might give it a try.

5. ems

ems

Big hugs. I've had a close friend die and it is hard and heartbreaking and a piece of me will never be the same again but I've found talking helps and it let a weight off my chest . Grieving can be a slow process definitely when someone close to u dies. I've also had lots of my animals die , which I find is just as hard .but I have found that reflecting on the good memories help, it will get easyer. I'm here if u need to just talk to someone .

6. Calico

(*hug*) Some of the most important things you need to do in order to heal include trying to heal (aka not just moping around all the time like you're probably tempted to do, and instead try to live normally), talking about it (you have done this already by posting this thread), and laughing. Find something to laugh at (I'm serious) and even if it feels fake, start laughing, and keep fake-laughing until it becomes a real laugh.
    What are/were some of your hobbies? Try doing something that helps you forget about everything and takes you to a world of your own.
    Hope this helps xx