1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

soooo close

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by anonomus, Sep 30, 2012.

1. anonomus

anonomus Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I was so close to telling him today. We went and saw pitch perfect together. I was gonna sit by him but i chickened out and put that empty chair between us. lame! but then I decided I was gonna tell him on the way home cause I drove. but I chickened out. I want him to Love me so badly. I hate this fear.
    I am thinking about coming out to my sister first because I think she has always known and I think that she will understand and help me. But Idk . I am so lost right now.
    Oh if u want to know who he is jst read my other posts. lol

2. Caudex

Caudex Guest

I know how you feel. What I would do is ask if he's gay. If he asks why you're asking, reply with some bogus reason. If he says no, then don't tell him. Otherwise, feel free.

3. TroubledRyan

Or, you can come out to him. Just because he isn't gay doesn't mean he would not like you any more. There are several straight guys who are friends with gay guys. Most the time, if you ask someone who is in the closet if they are gay.. they will say no.

4. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

I think telling your sis first is a really good idea.

You have feelings for this guy so coming out to him while having feelings for him can be very tricky since at the end I'm guessing you are hoping that he goes for you, but since he does seem to have a boyfriend (based on your previous thread) then he probably won't go for you either way.

Coming out just to come out might be easier for you and make it easier to come out to your roommate.

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! It's okay if it didn't work out this time around. I'm sure you will have another opportunity soon.

But, and as TheEdend said, it is tricky coming out to someone for whom you have feelings or have a crush on. If you want to come out to him, for "I want him to know because he is my friend and it would be great if he would know," not for "I'll come out, and hopefully we will be together." If you do it mostly for the hope that he is going to like you back, you are setting yourself for quite the emotional roller coaster ride afterward.

Coming out to your sister first, is a great idea. If you feel it is the right time, go for it!