1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stepping stone?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Ruby Dragon, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The last couple of days the only thing that's been going through my mind is, what if I'm one of those people who used the label "bisexual" as a stepping stone to "lesbian"? To soften the blow sort of. I changed my interested in on Facebook I believe for the last time, to interested in women. And put this as my status:

No more denying, no more hiding, it's right there for everyone to see, I will be free to be me. I tried to fit in but stood out instead. Everything got so messed up inside my head. I'll wear my rainbow proudly and I'm not afraid to admit it quite loudly *Takes a bow*

Already received two positive comments on it. So I'm feeling great about it. I don't care who says what, this is who I am and I will not hide it anymore :lol:

2. Thyker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Congratulations, Velvet! That's awesome and I hope to get to the same point as you someday!

3. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats! :thumbsup:

It's not always easy trying to figure out these sorts of things out and it seems like, once you're sure, you find yourself questioning again. I use the label lesbian/gay because my attractions are predominantly towards women only and I'm a 5 on the Kinsey scale. I'm openly gay on Facebook and many of my friends do not mind including my family. However, I do believe that I've surprised quite a few people. I have this favorite song by Rita Ora, it's called, R.IP. There's this verse where she says, ”R.I.P. to the girl you used to see, her days are over, baby she's over” etc...That's my new motto :icon_wink

#3 pinklov3ly, Oct 1, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I did the same thing.. I thought that I was bisexual and then I realized that I was gay.

5. Haley M

Haley M Guest

Congrats!! That takes a lot of courage! I wish I could find it in me to do something like that!

6. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Great to know I'm not the only one going through this rollercoaster ride. But I've recently hooked up with a man again just to be sure and to be honest, I just couldn't connect emotionally. And couldn't climax. Too much information probably, but I just feel that all my failed relationships with men have to mean something. And it makes sense to me now

7. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's fantastic! It takes a lot of courage to own your vulnerability and be seen exactly as you are! Congratulations!

8. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I never really felt any sexual attraction to men. I can sometimes connect emotionally with men.. but not much.

It really is like a roller coaster ride. At one point, I was ok with being bisexual. Then suddenly, I realize I am actually gay. I ended up going through all the stages of greif...again.