1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Im having a positive vs negative mentality battle

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by sunnii, Oct 1, 2012.

1. sunnii

Ok so I am someone who has been prone to feel down but a few months ago I became a positive person and somewhat spiritual also. It totally helped. Things that would bother me a lot months before didnt bother me anymore. Problem is later on the honeymoon period ended and I kinf of sank back into feeling really shit. I was getting irritated by stupid things again, i wasnt enjoying anything and i was drinking more and comfort eating more.

Now I'm kind of in the middle of it. For example last Friday I had to work (I hate Friday shifts with a burning passion) and I was dreading it so much but I went into work in a good mood after an incident where despite being in a jam-packed car park I managed to find a space. That set me up for the day and when I went into work I was my fun and happy side and I had a fantastic shift and I think a lot of that was because of my positive attitude.

However my next shift,yesterday, was the total opposite. The Saturday night, I felt shit and I had so many negative thoughts and despite being very tired, I couldnt get to sleep. So the next day I was very tired (I didnt have a great sleep on friday night but that was alcohol related lol). I was very quiet but im normally like that on sundays beause none of my friends from work are in but my 2 bffs came in at 12 (i started at 8) for some audit thing. And usually my fav thing in the world is hanging out with them but the whole day I felt so weird. I was tired but I felt like a cloud was over me and I was a bit snappy. I dont know why but I couldnt shake off my negative mentality. They actually asked me what was up and I didnt really know what to say.

Im off work for a week and today I feel a bit more edging towards negative atm. Ie Im eating chocolate and shit. I do have some problems in my life (nothing drastic) like we all do but if I react to them better (ie positivity) I'll handle them

2. metoo

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Life sometimes flips and flops like that, I'm sorry to say. One thing to help is to try to get a decent night sleep and find a schedule that works for you. Things usually go better when you're not tired. Also when something bad happens, thing about how you want to react to it before doing anything this may help controll your actions and ultimately make you feel better in the long run. Good Luck.

3. Mogget

A spiritual life isn't about erasing the negativity from our lives or even within ourselves. That would be an impossible task. For me, for my spirituality, it's about accepting the negativity and sitting with it, letting it pass over, through, and around me.

4. sunnii

Thanks for your advice Xx.

I had a weird day today though. I woke up this morning and I might have overslept this morning but I was fine. In the afternoon I went shopping mainly just to get out the house (I have a week off work and have nothing really to do). On the way there I just got all these negative thoughts. Stuff like not having a life now or ever. Anyway going shopping really helped (usually I hate shopping) but I bought a lot (for my standards anyway lol) of clothes and that definately helped my mood.

When I got home I watched the football (spartak Moscow vs Celtic) and Celtic won so I still felt great. And I just had this great sense of positivity. But when I came back from my yoga class, as soon as I got home I became very irritable and really bored. And it changed my mindset in the wrong direction.

I honestly don't know why I got so crabby so suddenly. Especially after yoga which is relaxing.