1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it going to be like this forever?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by kylegf2011, Oct 1, 2012.

1. kylegf2011

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, I have a lot of friends, and alot of them are guys. The thing is, when I meet a new friend, and he starts to be nicer than what other guys normally are, and is good looking, I start to like him :icon_redf And it bothers me, because 99% of the time the guy is going to be straight, but I can´t help it. I mean, I don´t tell him I like him or anything, but I do start to act flirty, and I can´t control it :confused:

Does this happen to any of you? Does it stop happening when you come out or something? I just feel weird having crushes on guys, that I know are being friendly, and still I feel they´re being nicer than friendly, and its all a just sad.

2. Ticklish Fish

*pat back*

I have had a fair share of crushing on friendly good-looking/cute guys. (well, for me, half of them seems something smart about them too.)

and I am not out. But part of me is social inept and I cna't tell when someone is jsut being friendly or flirting with me.

(What's nicer than friendly?)

3. DhammaGamer

Nothing wrong with having crushes and nothing wrong with being flirty either. Always the chance he may flirt back, and if not then no harm no foul just back off. Never gonna meet anyone if you're too scared to put yourself out there, you know?

4. Azza

You're allowed to have crushes on guys even if they're straight and it usually isn't something you have control over. Usually knowing for definite that a guy is straight tends to stop you developing any strong feelings you have towards them. Again it isn't weird and shouldn't make you feel bad, you do like guys after all, unless your following them home or something, it's fine. :slight_smile:

5. kylegf2011

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    like they´re just being friendly, but in my mind I wish, and then start to actually convince myself, they´re flirting :icon_redf (eventhough in the end I know they´re not :icon_sad:slight_smile:

6. Retrospect

Unfortunately, yes, it will never stop. I imagine it gets easier, though.

Cheer up. (*hug*) One day you will run into a guy that really is flirting, and all those straight crushes will seem like nothing. :slight_smile:

7. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It does get a lot easier when you are out, and as your gaydar improves, you learn to discern which ones are gay and which ones are straight :slight_smile: It just takes time and patience.

8. lwp08reh

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Babe, stop wasting energy on inventing crushes on straight guys. It's like waking up on Monday morning and hoping everyone still thinks its the weekend - we can only dream! Save yourself the embarassment and focus your attention on what matters, gay talent!