1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finding gay support in a red state?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ttmab, Oct 1, 2012.

1. ttmab

So, I'm gay, but the problem is, I live in a red state. It's not so much that it's a homophobic state, but more like a place where it's okay if you're gay, as long as you don't talk about it. I'm not looking for a boyfriend or anything at this point, but I'd just like to find some form of support here, people I could just talk to about it. Where do you find gay friends in a place like this?

2. LauraMarie

Are you wanting to stay in the closet and have gay friends or come out and meet gay friends if you want to come out you could try gay bar's or lgbt events o: if you wanna stay in the closet you could tr lgbt support grounds you'd be in a safe place where you can be openly gay without haveing to fully come out

3. ttmab

Thanks for your reply. Sorry I took so long to get back to you.

The problem is there are quite literally no gay bars in my hometown. I've come across one gay friendly organization at the local college, but from what I can tell they aren't very active.