1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confusing Dream?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Afraida, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Afraida

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    If you don't believe dreams have any relevance to real life, then you can probably ignore this entire post :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I had a dream a little while ago that I found unsettling. First, let me tell you a little about myself. I came out at the end of my freshman year of college. I had been heavily abusing drugs. After I came out, I felt much better about myself and who I am. I stopped being suicidal, and finally started to love life. About 2 months after that I moved to the other side of the country and started to live with my aunt. Since I've been here, I've been questioning my sexuality. I had a dream a few nights ago where I wanted to move back to my home state, but I couldn't until I started calling myself heterosexual again.

The question I've been pondering is; did I dream that because coming out is different and kind of scary, and it's easier to just stay in the closet and pretend I'm just like everyone else, or is it because "coming out" is actually just a phase for me and my mind is subconsciously telling myself that I need to move on from this phase in my life?

OR, am I just overthinking some silly dream I had?

2. livinglifefree

I don't think anyone aside from yourself can really know the true meaning of your dream. That being said, I wonder if your dream has something to do with how much easier it is to be out in a new place away from your long standing relationships. Maybe you just feel like it would be easier to be closeted in your hometown than it would be to be out.

3. Saranghae

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ok, i know this might sound weird be cause im only a freshman in highschool, because i might think differently. But honestly, i think you should come out. I mean its a dream but it could really change your life. You could meet the guy of your dreams if you do. And uts fairly easy to come out. Now that i think of it, coming out was one of the best things i ever did. I feel more confident. If you wanna come out, try sending a text or an IM. Its easier because if there is a freakout, then the emotions wont be as bad. But if you are still unsure, then try coming out as Bi. I hope this helps you, and i wish you luck in life. :slight_smile: