1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yes it is another crush thread... by me no less

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Grantious, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Grantious

Hey Guys,

By the end of the school holidays i was pretty sure that my feelings for this guys named sam had dulled a little... I WAS WRONG! this is the second day of school and i'm compleatly miserable again!, It was a pretty fast prosess, on the first day i was semi-ok but i felt it coming back, i was fine till that night where he was all i could think about then on the second day aka today was worse a lot worst all the feeling came rushing back like a water dam that ruptured or nuked what ever way you wana look at it! I just feel that this wont be compleatly over till i actually say somthing... but i know i cant.

Also one of the wonderfull luxurys of almost loving somone of the same sex is that you can also envy them... << This is deffinatly the case so in essence not only do i want to be with him i want to kinda be like him too! Sometimes he makes me feel soo small and insecure most of the time i feel fat and ugly meanwhile longing for him to even talk to me!

I just feel so alone...

Like i told my friend Melissa.. I hate love!

Catch

#1 Grantious, Feb 1, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2008
  2. Nicvcer

Nicvcer Guest

I feel alone too. I hate having crushes on straight guys but at the same time I love it and can't get enough. I've had that dead feeling in my stomach too... It really sucks I know. I told him and it didn't work out well for me, but I would have never made it to Pittsburgh if I hadn't told him so I guess I'm thankful that I did.

3. donnie5

i have had the smae problem for like 4 months now except its with a bi guy and the problem is that we have done stuff when we were drunk so everytime were sober he acts like nothing happened i know how you feel to long to be with someone and know their beautiful and feel insecure around them i have all of these feelings with him its a very hard place to be

4. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Rightio, there are two ways you can really go about this. I'm not going to lie, but the chances are against you for getting your desired result. I strongly disagree with you saying anything to him, especially with the current relationship you both have (or lack of in this case). It is not something you can just rush into and hope he falls for you, but it's something that can have very srious consequences. I know you probably know this already, but i would kick myself if i left it out.

Here are two things you can do:

1) You can form a friendship with him. There are numerous ways you can get talking to him, but you will probably know what way is better for him than us. I think if you get to know him then the feelings may ease a bit as there is at least some connection between you. I know the last person i liked, the feelings kind of settled when we were friends because it was no longer a challenge to get him to notice me, and i came to accept that he had a girlfriend and as a friend i sohuld not get in the way of that. If you do become friends with him then this connection you both will (hopefully) have should allow you to be more open with each other and remove the frustration and adventure of trying to get him to notice you.
    Although, many people will disagree with what i just said, and they are right to do so. I am not saying that becoming close friends will remove them feelings. I have heard of a gazillion cases of people who have fell for a particular person even more after becoming closer. The only advantage to this is you get to understand how well you think they will take the news of you telling them your feelings. This is of course a massive gamble, as you can come out of it alot worse than originally, but you will have a friendship with that person. Depending on what type of person you are, you may enjoy that more than when he never noticed you. Others would probably prefer to stay invisible to their crush.

2) Keep things as they are now. As above, i listed why people may prefer staying invisible. If you are the type of person who thinks that friendship would cause you to get stronger feelings then i suggest you stick to this. Although being ignored is shitty and makes you feel bad, it does not give you that feeling of being trapped. The good thing about not being friends with them is that you can avoid them and never see them again. If you are friends with them then it does give you the feeling of being trapped, and that itself will make your emotions very irrational. Of course if you feel a friendship would help you, go for it.

We have to learn by our mistakes anyway, and both choices are a gamble. You just need to decide which one you think would end better for you. If you think you would control your emotions better if you were friends with him then choose option 1. If you feel that you aren't ready to be friends with him, or have any doubt about how your emotions will react then choose option 2. Both choices will have a big impact on your emotions, but the wrong choice could not only affect your life, but could also go on to affect theirs.

#4 Martin, Feb 1, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2008
  5. Grantious

i like number 1... mainly because well to be honest my feeling probobly could not get any stronger... this being my 3rd year and all

6. TyraBanksIsFierce

Id pick number one, even if it doesn't work out at least you tried and will probably get over him, if you choose option two you might regret not trying to get closer to him later on..

7. Martin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmmm, feelings can become stronger. Even if you think they can't.

You need to remember that forming a friendship makes you closer to them. This can make your feelings grow because you are one step closer to being with him (so to speak). Some people are happy with that and their feelings will settle down because they are no longer invisible, whereas others find themselves as an emotional wreck. The most common problem i have found with being close is that you can match parts of their personality which you claim make you an ideal couple. This not only gives you an illusion you belong together, but can also put you into a state of depression knowing the person you are 100% sure is your life partner will never like you the same way back because he is heterosexual.

That isn't to say you can't tell him your feelings. You may get to know him and he is a very accepting guy, but it's something you should only do when you are both very comfortable around each other. There will always be that chance he is gay or bi, but it's not something you should hope for. If you try and look for it you will pick up on signs that aren't there. You will basically see what you want to see. If you really think being friends will help you then go for it, but don't do it because you feel your feelings cannot get any stronger. That isn't why we are friends with people. You need to be friends with him because you want to care about him and be there for him, not for your own personal gain. If you're doing it solely for yourself then you do not have the right intentions.

Some people may disagree, and they're welcome to, but i just think that being friends with somebody is a commitment that needs to consider how they feel. I don't think it should be done just because you have really strong feelings for him and you want to know everything about him. If you find out he has a girlfriend and he wants advice off you, you need to be honest and give him that good advice. I'm not trying to say you are a bitch and will try and wreck his love life, but if you do let your emotions take control then you may make irrational decisions and cause tension. This is why I think it is really important you should want to be friends with him for others reasons but your own feelings. :slight_smile:

8. Grantious

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Lets put it this way... i could not possably feel worse about this, i feel good on the day's we speak well better not good, I'm well over the possablitly of being together, i've had 3 whole years to come to terms with it, but i still love him i can't help it!! anyway me being year 12 means this is my last year at school! the last yeat i'll have to see him then he's out of my life forever! THANK THE LORD!!! Most people would dread the day they have to never see there crush again, I'm really looking forward to it, i am most happy when i've spent a lot of time away from him EG holidays, that said while seeing him every school day also being in most of classes i'd like to get to know him better maybe i'll find features i wont like!..
    Might was well make this year as happy as possable!
    then its over

Btw i dont intend to make good friends with the guy, just on talking terms well talking everday terms lol

I already have to put up with him talking about his gf, i've also accepted that though i dont like that bitch lol he he he

But he did return the favor, i did try to have a gf once to "TEST" my sexuality so to speak and it did not work out.
    The way it ended was not good and sam helped me with it, one of qualitys i'm sure he has is being sensative and nice, but not to everyone he can also be a basterd i guess it comes with being popular

Thanks for da advice
    Catch

#8 Grantious, Feb 2, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2008
  9. Martin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well you seem sure about it. Just remember not to do anything you may regret, no matter how right you think it may be! :slight_smile:

Good luck. :kiss: :grin: