1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a litle help

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by SwordplayBoy, Oct 2, 2012.

1. SwordplayBoy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    :help: I'm still in the closet, and really want out. I accepted myself about 4 months ago. At first I was scared of being caught, but lately my family has been suspicious of me. Most likely because I've been dropping hints everywhere, and not just subtle, I make it seem very obvious. My sister says she would love it if I was, my mom says she doesn't mind either way, and my step-father I'm not sure about. My extended family even thinks I am. A few months ago, my mom actually said, "Come out already!" That was pretty embarrassing, but I still lied and said I was straight, but I took too long. :eusa_doh: Well, I was wondering if I could get some support on the matter, I always chicken out at the last second. I just want some support and maybe if you had a good experience or at least, your life didn't fall apart, tell me about it. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

2. Rachyl

Rachyl Guest

Welcome to the EC :icon_bigg SwordplayBoy

It sounds like you have a lot of people waiting for you to come out.

There is no rush or timeline saying when you have to come out.

But... I think you should tell your sister, and just see how that feels to you.

We are here for you as well.

I know the first step is the hardest, but you came out to yourself and you accept that you are gay, just continue to take those baby steps and you will do fine.

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there, and welcome to EC!

Coming out to my sister and parents was a very good experience. My sister was relieved, and my parents pretty much said: It doesn't matter, as long as you are happy. :slight_smile:

Given that your mom and sister have already told you that they support you and love you no matter what. There was/is a reason why you are dropping hints -most likely to see how your family will react - thereby (for all intents and purposes) starting to come out. All you need to do, is to confirm it. :slight_smile:

Before you say "Yes, I am" remind yourself that you have the support and love you are looking for, and take it from there.

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you find it hard, you might consider doing so over text, email, or by writing a note.

One guy actually came out to his mom by leaving a note on the refrigerator saying "I've gone out to play basketball, be home around 6. PS: I'm gay."

They already know anyway, and are literally pulling as hard as they can on the closet door, so you might as well get it over with :slight_smile:

5. th3wallflow3r

welcome to ec to start off with.

it seems like your family will be very accepting for when you do come out, just do it in your own time.
    it doesn't seem like they will be at all shocked or surprised which should work in your favour.

good luck.