1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm confused whether I'm bisexual or a lesbian.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MaryArtemis, Oct 2, 2012.

1. MaryArtemis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Now, I appreciate that you can't tell me what my sexuality is and that U'm the only one who can know but I need to put down what I'm feeling.
    I identify myself as bisexual and I've been out to everyone apart from my distant family for about two years now.
    I've always felt that I was more interested in women than men. Now some may say that as I have never had a relationship with men it may even out but I've never really been as set on entering a relationship with a man. Take this for example, if I find a man good looking I can think so at the time but can't remember his face for the life of me after. Whereas with a woman, her face will stay in my mind. For example, when I went to a uni open day I saw one of the most beautiful women I'd ever seen and I can still remember what colour her hair was, her face etc.
    One of my major issues with the thought of being a lesbian, is that I am set on the 'cereal box' future of kids and a nice house. Oddly enough, I can't see the husband. (I'm trying not to read into this too much)
    I know it's down to me but I kind of needed to vent. So sorry and thank yoiu for reading. Does anyone have any idea of how I may clear my head? :help: xx

2. redlightning

redlightning Guest

In all honesty, it's not a big deal, unless it is to you. I believe that sexuality is fluid. Just give it time, you're still young. In time, you'll find out what seems right. I know plenty of people in the same position as yourself. I think it's kind of unfortunate that in our society we have to label everything. If you believe in the Kinsey scale, then you obviously lean more towards being attracted to women in terms of bisexuality. But you haven't completed scratched men out of the equation either, so I don't think you're really a lesbian. You still think men are attractive, etc. Would you have sex with a male? Maybe it's something you just have to think through. It seems that in terms of emotional connection you fall more towards wanting to be with a women, since you picture yourself in a long-term relationship with a woman. But you're young, give it time, and try not to over think these things.

I'm 20 years old and bisexual. It took me many years to figure out so. I went from straight, to bisexual, then questioned if I was maybe gay (I didn't really understand the whole "bisexual" thing), then back to bisexual, and I'm still not out to anyone as bisexual... But I'm confident in being bisexual. Everyone thinks I'm straight. So everyone's different and it takes time to figure this stuff out, so don't rush it. :slight_smile: Sorry if that wasn't of much help!

#2 redlightning, Oct 2, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  3. MaryArtemis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Are you kidding? That was a great help! Thank you so much for taking the time to answer! :slight_smile: xx