1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone else have this issue?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Zeldafan1998, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Zeldafan1998

Zeldafan1998 Guest

Anytime there is a girl on TV that I am attracted to, I have to be careful that I don't blurt out, "Oh, she's sexy." Or anything like that, since I usually only watch TV with family members. If I do say anything, I just say that she is so pretty. Does anyone else have to bite their tongue when they're watching TV with others, and they see a girl or boy they like? It gets so annoying sometimes, but I'd much rather keep my "totally straight" facade up, than arouse any suspicion.

2. th3wallflow3r

actually to some extent yes.
    its why I don't watch glee with my family xD while I'm not sexually attracted to them or anything you have to admit.. hemo and naya?

3. ems

ems

I do the same thing. I'm gay and my family don't know it. They are homophobic so I wont be telling them anytime soon. If I see anyone pretty on tv or on the street I have to hide and keep the straight face on or if I read a gay mag I have to read it when I'm alone and then hide the mag up . It gets tyesome at times. Ur not alone in this and I bet there are other people like this out there as well

4. Zeldafan1998

Zeldafan1998 Guest

th3wallflow3r - I looked them up (Not familiar with Glee's characters), and they make a really cute couple! :slight_smile:
    ems - Oh yeah, especially on the street, I always check girls out and I just hope that no one sees me doing it! I can't help it! :grin:

5. th3wallflow3r

bit off topic but I noticed you're Brighton.
    first off do you know much about the surrounding area?
    probably sounds weird but I used to live over that way and found that where I was was really homophobic.. very surprising considering the close proximity to Brighton.. don't suppose you've noticed that too?

6. ems

ems

Yh I have noticed . I live near Brighton , in a village called wivelsfield and My whole family and half the people in the village are homophobic .as far as I know I'm the.only gay in the village :frowning2:

---------- Post added 2nd Oct 2012 at 07:03 PM ----------

And who can help not looking at a beautiful women ?

7. th3wallflow3r

I used to be in crowborough, there were a few gays guys and a couple of girls but in general the attitude towards them was horrific.
    another reason why I get especially freaked when I hear about people beingouted is because of how they were treated.. I suppose it just wasn't worn off.

strange though considering the area to an outsider seems to be accepting of gays.

8. ems

ems

Yh it is strange and wish it wasnt like that . but no one in thee village knowns I'm gay so people dont hurle abuse but just hearing about it is bad enough.

9. th3wallflow3r

good luck eventually coming out.
    tbh I'm heaps happier now I'm away from that environment.
    while I'm not out to my family, I have at least accepted it myself and told some people.

it was like being in a slow cooker down there.. stress..

10. ems

ems

Yh I know what u mean. As soon as I can get away I will its not the most ideal environment to be in . I can just imagine how happier u are away from this .

11. th3wallflow3r

definitely.
    well you aren't alone in having all of that...
    its actually very accepting up here.
    Also a few members of the cosplay community I belong to helped me out immensely.

12. SwordplayBoy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't really have to keep from saying anything, but I do have to make sure I'm not making a face or some other body language type thing. I try to make sure to keep really still, but when you try not to move, that's when you get really fidgety and restless. :confused: