1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

clothes advice for FTM

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Myra48, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Myra48

do you think anybody would notice if i wore guy jeans. i already wear unisex t shirts and hoodies. i wear simple shoes that anybody could wear. and the pants i wear now are girls, but their just simple jeans, or baggy (girl) cargo pants. im at a christian college and i dont want anybody to think anything about me. i want to wear baggy jeans not guy skinny jeans. i also bind and have short hair. i don really care if people talk or think something, i just want to know if you think people would specifically notice.

2. RainDreamer

It is pretty ok for a girl to wear guys clothes actually, and not many people mind. It is when a guy wear girls clothes, people start to freak out. Stupid double standard.

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wear guys clothes all the time. I used to when I went to church too. Nobody ever really said anything (A couple of people said something, but they eventually realized that I didn't care.)

4. redstormrising

i don't think there's much, if any, stigma attached to women wearing men's clothing. i'm typically very girly-looking and dressing, but i've always had some boys' clothes in my wardrobe. no one has ever said a word about it

5. LightningRider

Speaking from experience, barely anyone will even bat an eyelash at it.
    I frequently buy from the mens section in stores and no one gives me a second glance.

The real thing people seem to notice is if you're wearing shorts and you don't shave.
    But I usually tell them to go f themselves and that if they want to see shaved legs, they have two of their own they can shave. ;P

6. Haley M

Haley M Guest

I think you are ok with guy jeans. I want to try to wear girl jeans out in public but I'm afraid to do that. Like someone else said... Stupid double standard.

7. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

I think wearing guy's jeans will be totally fine. I wear men's jeans all the time and nobody notices. There are different cuts to the jeans that may fit better than others, so I would just say try on many different styles until you find some you're comfortable with.