1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I wanna come out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Skittles Hugger, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Okay world hello. So I really wanna come out compleatly I'm out to a lot of people. I'm even out to this guy zack and he's a good person but the bad type of republican the type who dilikes non christaian people and non straight people and I mean he was cool with it (he said its okay as long as I still like guys and marry a guy:dry: any how my mom says she loves me no matter what but she doesn't want me to come out because people are mean. but here in south Florida are awesome about it and she doesn't realiz it and my shrink wants me to be 100% sure but honestly I am sure I am 99.9999999999999999999999998999999% sure I'm bi. Any how should I come out?

(I know there are homophobic people in Florida who might not like the way I am but I don't give a shi* honestly)

2. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you're ready to come out then go for it. And this guy named Zack can take his suggestion about you marrying a guy and shove it where the sun doesn't shine. You can marry a girl or a guy, and for him to say that is just crazy, he's a silly little rabbit. Besides your Mom, who are you trying to come out to? People at school, friends, family?

#2 pinklov3ly, Oct 2, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  3. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Pinklov3ly is right on this one - Zack might be a "great guy," but his response to you is basically saying "it's okay to be bisexual as long as you're actually hetero" - in other words, it's not okay.

Your mom is probably just speaking to her own fears - it may have to do with her hope that everything with turn out "normal" for you, or a concern that you'll be hurt - emotionally or even physically - in the resulting process. But the more the realizes that having her on your side is the really essential thing, the more she can (hopefully) come to accept that the opinions of other people (especially people you don't know) are less important in your life.

I'm a little concerned about your counselor's caution about coming out, especially if they know this is something you want to do - are they familiar with lgbt issues and supportive of lgbt patients? Obviously I don't know your counselor, so I'm not trying to judge, I just wanted to make sure.

4. I am trying to come out to people at school.
    My counselor is supportive of lgbt people but I don't think she believes in bisexualness so yea