1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I know if my crush is interested in me?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jude95, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Jude95

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm currently a highschool student. I have a class with him. I have a huge crush on him.
    At the beginning of the semester, I noticed he frequently stared at me. I'm pretty sure that there was not a such thing like a clock behind me. However, I don't know if he was interested in my race which only makes up 1 percent of the total population in my school or me.
    Now I fortunately sit in front of him. I found that he is really out-going, nice and a bit arrogant( he always says he is intelligent to me) .We actually talk a lot in class, which leads me teacher to thinking he is distracting me. He love to compliment me for trivial things and help me with my homework. He would call me if he saw me in the hallway. He put me in his best friends list on a worksheet. I asked why( we barely know each other for a month), he was like " cuz you sit in front of me". Once upon a time, my teacher was talking about friends' bad influence. He jokingly said I'm his bad influence cuz I encourage him to do bad things that have nothing to refer to.
    He has asked me if I would go to the field trip. After I said no, he looked disappointed and tried to persuade me to go. He called me bro today.
    However, he does lots of things that only straight people would do, for instance, he is an athlete who plays football and basketball. He also likes hunting. I sent him a friend request on Facebook 4 days ago, but he has not accepted it yet. Why?
    I think we are already friend now, but how do we get closer?

2. Gen

Gen

Well regardless of whether he has feelings for you, I think you should be his friend because it sounds like,, at the very least, he needs a friend. And about him proclaiming to be intelligent, he might not really be arrogant. I tell my friends all the time about how intelligent, gorgeous, and amazing I am ^_^. But then all know that I'm just joking, so it could just be part of his humor.

Honestly, it sounds like a desire to be a friend situations, but you really cant know until you know more about him. The absolute best way to start a relationship is through friendship, anyway. I would just try to put in some effort to be his friend, like he is to you. Then, see where it takes you.

3. Ticklish Fish

Do you have that friendly, accepting vibe that makes him (or other people) to want to be friends with you???

4. madi

It sounds like he may like you and even if he doesn't sounds like he would be a great friend. Don't let the hunting and sports fool you. Although the stereotype of gay men is that they like shopping and musicals, not even close to all fit this. Being gay doesn't instantly effect a person's interests. Plenty of girls like hunting, gaming, and sports, that doesn't make them lesbians?

5. Jude95

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I believe I'm an open-mind, kind and unassuming person. I actually quite smart ( always make straight A on my grade)

---------- Post added 2nd Oct 2012 at 08:23 PM ----------

He is very sociable and kind of talkative(he can't stop talking for more than 2 minutes):lol:. So he has a bunch of friends at school and is kind of popular.

---------- Post added 2nd Oct 2012 at 08:26 PM ----------

How come he has not accepted me as a friend on Facebook yet? This confuses me a lot. He has an smartphone so it's kinda impossible he seldom uses Facebook. He told me he has 500 friends on Facebook.

6. Ticklish Fish

don't worry too much about facebook...
    it could be him not getting on, or him delaying, or he can't find your notification.
    don't you know, facebook have glitch occasionally? XD :lol:

7. Jude95

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm gonna tell him that I sent him a request tomorrow. I hope he isn't aware of anything.:icon_bigg. For real I have been thinking about him since last week. Whenever he talks to me(usually he starts the conversations cuz he has trouble being quiet:lol:slight_smile:, I feel like my heart skips a beat:icon_wink.

8. 24m

24m

You are reading too much into his actions.
    A guy who likes/loves you WON'T call you BRO.... WILL NEVER CALL you BRO...WOULD'VE NEVER CALLED U BRO....
    SO I would suggest find the guy who likes u and forget about this crush. Just think of him as any other straight guy. And start lookin for someone who'll actually love you !

9. Jude95

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    You are so right! I was thinking too much. I just found out that he is god-damn straight now. First, he is a conservative Christian who believes the bible is the most sacred thing in the world. Second, he wants to attend the most gay-unfriendly college in US ( he can actually attend a better school but he said there are too many gay people). Third, he and his family voted for Romney just because Obama supports gay marriage.
    However, it's very hard to get over him because he still talks to me a lot and always tries to get my attention in class every day( touch my hair and poke me with pencil). I need help!!!

By the way, he only called me BRO once when he showed off his hunting skills to me. The most time he would call my first name.

10. Farouche

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    You could let him know that you don't like his way of thinking about gay people. Not because you're gay, but because queer people are PEOPLE and you respect and care for people. Then he might avoid you, which is what you want, right? Or he might question his opinions, which would be good for him.