1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm in love with my straight best friend. HELP!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Random Matt, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Random Matt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm gay and I've been friends with a guy for a year now. (he doesn't know I'm gay.) I'm not sure what to think about it i need help bad. Someone please help!!

From the first time i saw him i fell in love. When i finally got the courage to talk to him we became friends instantly. He has a girl friend but its been off on for awhile. (Not really sure if he had sex yet with her but i think they did) He comes over after school almost every day just to chill with me.

But here comes the confusing part. He says he homophobic but I'm not really sure. (btw we are both Italian and he said that Italians cant be gay witch i know a lot of gay Italians so he was defiantly wrong about that)He dry humps all of our friends sometimes, touches my butt a lot...A LOT,feels up my legs almost to my crotch, and for some reason he plays with my nipples a lot but i always shoo his hand down so it doesn't look like i like it. Most of the time when he comes over we jump on the trampoline and we usually wrestle witch ends up him siting on my grouch perpestly holding my arms down. He held my hands once and cuddled with me for a half hour because i was really sad one day. One time he fell asleep on top of me witch was cool but uncomfortable because hes 6.3ft and 220lb of pure muscle.

Every day i think of him and all i want to do when I'm with him is just kiss and hug him. Hes the only person in the world that can make me happy the second i look at him and its impossible for me to stay mad at him. Almost Every one calls him gay and a dick. Sometimes even his friends. but i never say anything bad about him. Hes not a well liked kid in my school. Our friends talk behind his back calling him gay and used to make fun of us because we're almost always together.

I not sure what to think i really wanna know if hes gay or bi. Someone help I'm dying!!

2. Closet88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello,

I've had a similar problem with a friend in the past. I had feelings for him, we spent a lot of time together, and everyone joked that we were gay. I remember hearing that he had sex with a girl and I was completely devastated. It was driving me crazy hiding my feelings however I still never gained the courage to come out and now we live in different cities and I don't really see him much so my feelings have kind of cooled.

I wouldn't advise you to follow my lead though. I have still never had the courage to come out to anyone despite being 23 so have bottled my feelings up for years. The only way to really know is to tell him how you feel, however that all depends on how ready you are to let other people know about your sexuality. Hopefully he'll be cool with it and not judge you by your sexuality. You never know, he may feel the same way about you! It's a really hard situation to be in and I really hope it all turns out OK for you in the end :slight_smile:.

3. Lad123

I wouldn't tell him how you feel at first because that could make things awkward between you two and he may start avoiding you. The best thing to do (if you feel comfortable of course) is to come out to him. If he takes it badly and ends up breaking the friendship off then he wasn't a true friend to begin with, but if he takes it well then it will bring the two of you closer.

So if he is in the closet (which I think is a strong possibility) he may also come out shortly after. But if he doesn't, don't lose hope, he probably just needs more time or he really is just straight. The important thing is to hold off telling him about your feelings until your recent coming out has sunk in.

Stay strong! (*hug*)

4. Random Matt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you for the advice and support lad and closet.

5. VivaLaVida

VivaLaVida Guest

Sounds like there's something there but are you willing to take the risk? It's such a difficult position to be in, I can only wish you luck and hope things work out for the best.

6. TalkDTalk

I can't believe this. I used to think I was the only one who felt this way equally about a guy.This is just my story I am hearing.
    Matt, in my next mail to u, am gonna send u a very long experience of my own encounter.I am in the same situation.The only diference is my guy now knows.Cudnt help it. Will tell u what happened later.
    Cheers

TalkDTalk