1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does he like me? (Yep, another one of these)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Paper, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Paper

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    There is this one person at my high school that I usage an eye for, but I don't know if he would give me a chance or not. We are both in the school band. We aren't very close friends but friends non the less. He isn't one for getting close to people which is surprising because everyone wants to be around him because he so nice and kind to everyone. He never dated anyone before either. Every once in a while he gives me these smiles during class for no reason. He's distant to everyone though, including me to an extent. A lot of people say he is usually in a depressed mood but I never notice it. Around me be seems quite happy but he is apparently still a little down around his other friends unless he doing band stuff. I'm not open of my sexuality mainly because of my parents. We are a strong Christian family me included, obviously I don't believe being gay is a sin. There isn't too much evidence to show that he is gay but neither is there any to show that he is straight. I was thinking of making an anonymous note and putting it in his locker asking if he would be interested I. Dating someone in his grade that's a guy. I would also explain my feelings to him in the note but of course leave my name out. And I would say that if he was interested to do (something to let me know somehow, I haven't worked that our yet) do you think there is a possibility that he likes me? He also gave me a nickname in the band. Though he is the only one to call me that. There are just a lot of seemingly flirtatious things that he does to me. Does he like me or am I misreading signals of him just being friendly?

2. Keelin

Hey Paper, welcome to EC.

I think if you are gonna do the note, it's a good idea, but consider these:

*If someone you know notices you putting a slip of paper in his locker, your cover is blown.*

*When he recieves the paper, he may not mention it to anyone.*

*If it is hand-written, he could figure you wrote it [of course, this depends on if he knows your hand writing (possibly by reading the notes on your music. I don't know if he sits next to you, but just a possibility.]*

And of course, there is always the possibility that he just isn't gay. Even if there is no proof to let us say if he is gay or straight, chances are he is straight. We are still a minority, so it is better to always assume that a person is non-lgbt. But hey, I haven't seen him doing the things he does to you. With the current clues given, it is relatively impossible to tell if he is into you. So only you can judge wether or not you want to write to him.

Good luck!