1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay guy in my school

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MrHojalata98, Oct 3, 2012.

1. MrHojalata98

Ok so I'm going to try to keep this as short as possible since I've noticed I tend to rant in most of my threads and i probably bore people with unnecessary details. Ok a few days ago I meet a guy In my pe class, I haven't known him for that long and actually started out not liking him (he was too peppy). Then like on the 3rd week of school, him, me and two other friends, one which is homophobic, were talking and he just randomly said oh yea and I'm gay. So we start talking about it and my other friend said she was bi! Wth! In one day our little PE group turned into 2 LGBT ppl, a homophobe, and me the closeted gay...so I want to come out to my gay friend but I don't know how. I'm still getting used to telling people (I've only told 3 ppl) and with all three it's been people I've known and trust for a long time. So with them I always say " there's something I've been meaning to tell you, blah blah blah " but I can't say that with him because I barely even know him. So how would you go about telling someone you're gay CASUALLY?.... Wow it still ended up being pretty long -_-

2. Paper

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I would casually tell him because you said you aren't interested in him and you bringing it up all secretly or focused on it might make you come off as coming on to him

3. metoo

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I would say... "Hi, it is good to meet you,....talk about where he came from etc, ...... It is so glad that there is some new gay company here at this school. Take it from me, being gay, that there aren't many. Hopefull I will see you around." Then go off and talk to your other friends. It may be a little hard to tell him in a way that makes it sound like you are not interrested in him, but if you are brave enough to tell him you're gay, then your probably brave enough to tell him that you like him. (that is if you did) therefore if you don't mention that you aren't interrested in him, he will probably not jump to any conclusions.

4. Ticklish Fish

LOL. it's PE class. depending how your school does it, there has to be many room to chitchat while squeeze some exercise.

Maybe get to know him by talking to him and get comfortable with him, and THEN come out?

5. ezkill

MrHojalata98...

See if you two have anything in common (besides being gay). Be friendly with him, maybe hang out with him outside of class. Invite your other friends along. I mean, I'm assuming you want to tell him you are gay because you want to get to know him better. So get to know him better without telling him you're gay. Then drop the bomb.

6. Pyrotactick

My friend wrote it in a yearbook!...but you probably don't want that. Why don't you just start a conversation about...lgbt!...then just say "I'm gay too."....if that's stupid then I'm sorry.