1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worst day of my life, but...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by spectrumsigner, Oct 3, 2012.

1. spectrumsigner

...I am NOT going to self-injure. I have been clean for three and a half months and I'm not giving up now.

:tears: :tears: :tears:

2. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (*hug*) Can I suggest you draw or write something on the part of your body you used to hurt? It's been one of my coping mechanisms for a long time.

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    (*hug*) Something that always helps me cope is doing something that I like to do. I play trombone when I am home. When I am at college I write or I'll go and find somebody to talk to until I feel that I will be ok.

4. O_Negative

if you're having a ton of trouble, maybe draw a picture of the part you used to hurt and tear it up or burn it or something. its a form of releasing that depression or anger, to take it out on something (sometimes in the form of self-harm). If you transfer that frustration to something that is okay and safer, it can be therapeutic. Doodling on that part is a great idea too.

I am here with two working ears (or eyes, as it were) if you need a friend.

5. spectrumsigner

I just need support.

6. Haley M

Haley M Guest

Everything will be ok. Life is a giant roller coaster with a lot of ups and downs and twists and turns. Things will get better. Sometimes it just takes a little time. Keep your chin up and fight through it! I am also here if you need to talk!

7. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

i still do this. it actually helps a lot:slight_smile:

8. Marin2207

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hang in there! I have always written poems to just express my feelings or I would write a letter to the person I need to talk to and at the end, I'll just either crumble it and throw it in the trash, or shred it. I don't do it because I am angry. I do it because it helps me to leave the past alone and not worry about what ifs! Plus it allows me to be free from the burden that I carry or the frustrations I have about myself, the people that I care about, and allows me to find some peace.

9. ems

ems

To cope u could try holding on ice cube tightly in ur hand. Or putting an elastic band on ur wrist and pining it when u feel an erge . There many different ways to cope u have just got to find the right one for u . I have been through what u have so if u need to chat I'm here. Good luck

10. SwordplayBoy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey, I know how you feel, for the most part. I've been a cutter on and off for a little while, I stopped the other day. I'm already having thoughts about it again, but it doesn't help anything. If you just ignore the urges, eventually you can focus on the solution to your problem, or just get some chocolate ^_^. Good luck, and I hope things start to get better for you tomorrow.