1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Started my diet 900 cals a day and 1 hour intense work out feeling tired and weak

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Alexander69, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Alexander69

So instarted my 900 cals a day diet, I'm 17 and weigh 170 I'm 5,6-5,8 tall what got me started on this was ingrained 12 pounds and I started freaking out and then my mom said I was looking fat so I got scared and started this diet and my trainer is helping me work out. By this month I hope to lose 30 pounds! Today was really hard cause I'm so hungry :frowning2: but It will get easier soon. I want to weigh140 or 150. Any advice on what I'm doing such as if it is a good idea or a smart decision or bad decision? I really want to lose weight!*

2. Bree

Honestly, I would tell you not to try to lose more than ten pounds a month. If you force it, it will backfire and you'll gain it all back next month.

3. Alexander69

The diet is good the calorie intake gets higher in time it's not always 900

4. Bree

Okay good! I was wondering how you were going to make it!

5. Alexander69

LOL ya everyone was asking me like ong you'll gain it back I was like noooo I can eat Klee later on

6. anonymousjane

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi Alexander!

There a a couple of things that worry me about your diet plan. One is that 900 calories a day is hardly enough to support a 5'6" man who exercises for an hour every day. Another is that diet plans rarely work.

The most reliable way to lose weight (if you have weight to lose) and maintain a healthy body is, as we hear every day, to eat well and exercise regularly. If you're eating healthy, fresh ingredients most of the time, then there's often little need to count calories. Eat what your body tells you to and be smart about it, and you won't need to be chained to a diet plan. And as for exercise, you don't always have to go to the gym and lift weights, unless that's what you really love to do. Don't burn yourself out--a 30-minute walk is a great way to get moving when you're tired!

I guess what I'm saying is, good eating/exercising habits shouldn't leave you feeling tired and weak. You know your body better than anyone on this forum does, so pay attention to what it needs from you. If you have a medical condition that might be affected by a lifestyle change or just need a little help getting started with your healthy lifestyle, I'm sure any doctor would be thrilled to help you :slight_smile:

So, thanks for sharing! It's always lovely to hear from people who want to get healthy :slight_smile:

Jane

7. jsmurf

Very bad idea. Very harmful too.

Keep it at 1500-1800 cals per day. Eat mostly protein, mix it up with fruits and veggies. Cut out starches and grains until you reach your ideal weight. Then you can occasionally eat starches again as long as you keep active.

8. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well.. the reason that you are feeling tired and weak is that you are not getting enough to eat. You are malnourishing yourself. I would suggest eating some more calories.

9. Night Rain

900 cals a day is crazy. 150 pounds would be ideal if you were Asian. =.=

10. FathomFear

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    As others have said, 900 calories is far too low. You need to remember that your body is burning calories even in a rested state. Usually in the 2000-2200 area. You will lose weight just through diet alone even if you go with a 1300 to 1800 calorie diet.

You're not a situation where you are obese and need to lose weight ASAP because your life depends on it. You should really focus on approach it in a healthy way, so your energy levels don't suffer.

11. LauraMarie

Its a very bad idea. Your weight atm is perfectly healthy and eating only 900 cals will acctully make you gain weight because your body will think your starving. You need to eat ATLEAST 1200 cals. Loseing 30 pounds in 1 month isn't a healthy weight loss. Id try to lose 1 pound most a week.

12. Haley M

Haley M Guest

One thing I have done in the past was drinking water instead of soda. I used to drink a 2 liter bottle of soda every day and a half to two days and when I switched to just water, I lost alot of weight fast. I don't know if you already stick with water but if not then it should help.

13. Alexander69

Thank you all,

My diet is 900 cals for the first few days an then it moves up, the 900 cals is to start you fat burning process, I'm only eating the superstar foods, avocado grapefruit ect... I do eat 6 oz of chicken a day at dinner, I know I don't have to lose weight My health is perfect and I did ask my doctor and he said my weight was perfect but I really Want to lose 30 pounds, and the reason why most people gain weight after being on a diet if because you have to stick to your diet for a long time because your body is now used to the foods an the way it burns them, my trainer told me to buy this book I'm reading on it, as my trainer said that the 900 cals a day are short term and then when my Body is burning fat and cals then we can move up the cals intake/day to 1200 then 2000 cals
    Thanks everyone for the lovely support and caring for me it means more then you know ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

14. BudderMC

Fat burning is more likely to come from exercise and jumpstarting your metabolism than starving yourself. Or rather, the former is much healthier (and safer) than the latter.

I'm no nutritionist/dietician/whatever, but even I know that's not healthy.

If you want to lose 30 pounds even though you're at a healthy weight, you might want to evaluate why you're feeling that way. That's probably a more important thing to tackle. Losing weight to be skinnier than a healthy weight is stupid. Gaining muscle/toning yourself is more understandable.

And you said it yourself, when you adjust yourself to having a small caloric intake then suddenly eat way more than that, THAT'S when you gain weight, because your body is storing extra food it doesn't need at the moment. If you put yourself in a perpetual state of "starving", it's not going to help you any.

Please give some serious thought as to what you're doing and don't just blindly trust what you're being told because your trainer seems "professional". Credentials are no substitute for common sense.

15. Alexander69

It's a celebrity diet I'm on, when I array to eat more cals it's the same food just bigger portions so my body will burn it. The food in eating is the superstar foods apples, avocado, broccoli, chicken breast, grapefruit, baby potatoes, plain oatmeal, spinach, celery. These have specail fats and enzymes and protiens in them that jump start you metabolism and change your genes. Like telling your genes to instead "store" fat to "burn" fat, meaning a great weigt loss. I also drubk 3 liters of water a day and green tea.

16. vyvance

Not eating enough calories will cause your body to start trying to retain everything, not shed it. The thing with celebrity diets is that they suck. That's why they are always doing new ones because the last on failed.

17. Alexander69

On this diet I eat 5 meals though like that's more food then I usually eat and I've already lost 4 pounds in 1 1/2 days

18. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    900 calories?

What in God's name are you doing? Remember, the median diet for an active adult is supposed to be 2000 calories. So I think it would be more sane to go to like 1700-1800 with healthy activity.

The goal is to improve your health, not kill yourself or develop a hardcore eating disorder.

Losing weight healthily is a gradual process. Period. Full stop.

19. Alexander69

I don't want a slow weight lossy need it to be fast :frowning2: I need results

20. Flow

This is what many of us meant when we said not to do anything drastic. 900 calories is bullshit. The thing with diets is, they never last. Sure, you will lose weight, but you will gain it right back if you start eating how you usually do. You need to balance your eating habits and exercise. By eating so little, you're doing more harm than good. Like the others have stated, you feel like shit because your bodies trying to use as little energy as possible to keep it going. Please go to a dietitian/doctor before continuing. I cannot stress this enough.

Alex, losing weight/building muscle takes time. You can't expect to gain something so fast without adverse effects. When you do it healthily, you will achieve results and the weight will stay off.