1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

am i or not

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by eflite321, Oct 4, 2012.

1. eflite321

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    hi everyone here goes i look at women and think they look sexy but i only really get turned on by guys bodys or a trans lady a few of my friends know my situation as i have come out to a small number of them but am i gay or what im in a confused state

2. SwordplayBoy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, to be honest, you are the only one who can know that. Only you could know exactly who you are. Good luck, and I hope you can figure it out.

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there, and welcome to EC! You have come to the right place to explore some of your questions that you have about your feelings.

Becoming aware of ones sexual orientation can cause confusion and uncertainty. Talking and writing about your feelings, and attractions can help in finding answers and creating an understanding for yourself. You have already mentioned a couple of things that provide you with clues that you might not be straight. Sometimes, it is easier not to attach a label or try to fit into a label and follow what your instincts are telling you.

If you find yourself attracted to guys' bodies, that is something to explore deeper and trying to understand. Maybe try going on a date with a guy, and see how it feels.

Another thing you could try doing is to take note of in what ways you are attracted to females and males. It is possible for us to have different levels of physical and emotional attractions to different people, and becoming aware of them, can also help in figuring things out. Try asking yourself: how strong is my attraction to males and/or females?

If you can, try also talking to others, about your experiences/feelings thus far, for example in LGBT support group. Often times when we talk with others and also listen to their experiences, we gain a better understanding of our own feelings, as we can place them in a perspective and perhaps even a better context.

With time, you will be able to figure things out. (*hug*)