1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out help

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Ianator, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Ianator

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I was on here a while back because I was confused and thought I might be bisexual. I had a girlfriend then but broke up with her a month ago because she was being really mean. This past month I have had a lot of free time and have come to the realization that I am gay. At first I was really upset. I really wanted to live a straight life. I am starting to come to terms with it. I have not come out yet and don't know what to do about the situation. I have a twin brother who is straight and I keep saying I am going to tell him and then don't. I know he would be fine with it and I know my family and most of my friends will be fine with it, but it is still a hard thing to do. I have a bisexual friend who is off in college and i don't know if maybe I should tell him or something. I just don't know what to do. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. LauraMarie

Coming out to the 1st person is always the hardest because it becomes someone other than you that knows (well ya duh) but it seems like by what you say you trust your twin so i would start with him o: if you too nurvous or shy to tell him in person then you could always write him a letter and then give it to him to read. If you want to tell him by voice you could always say you need to tell him somthing important and the next time he see's you to remind him(this way you cant really say nvm or its nothing) these are a few things to do:slight_smile: i myself said "i have something to say" at dinner one night to my mom dad and grandma and then kinda blurted it out through tears. But whatever works for you!:slight_smile: once you come out to that 1st one the rest seem easier because you know your "battle plan" Goodluck!!!