1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possibly homophobic crush?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by wonderingdave01, Oct 4, 2012.

1. So, I'm just starting to come out to more people at my school. I might come out to everyone because homophobia isn't that rampant there. I've noticed that the people who don't except me I don't really care about anyway. With an exception for one.

There's this boy I have a crush on. Sadly, it's another straight boy (there are no openly gay/bisexual/pansexual boys at my school, which is why I keep falling for these). He's cute, he smells good, he's funny and so on.

But even worse news is he might be homophobic :eek:

He leaned to kiss me as a "gay" joke (he doesn't know I'm bisexual), so I leaned to kiss him too. Then he [sarcastically] said "wow, David, I'm not your friend anymore, I'm deleting you off Facebook." Which even if he was joking, again he doesn't know I'm bisexual. And there are kids who would actually do this.

Then being gay came up in a conversation and sort of in a semi-teasing way he said "David, being gay is wrong" and I said "Uhh, no" and we argued a little. But the most defining moment is when I heard someone say in a loud voice "F:***:ck Gay People" It sounded like him but I'm not sure.

Anyone have any advice? I'm going be devastated if I come out and he rejects me. :frowning2:

#1 wonderingdave01, Oct 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2012
  2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    He will reject you. With probability 1. So prepare for it.

I am very sorry that he has hurt you with his conflicting behavior and by crushing your spirit. Those actions show that he has no honor.

The best you can do is reach out to those who will love and accept you, or at least those who will respect you.

3. I'll try.

Okay, thank you.

Yes. This what I'm doing so far.