1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fashion advice - thinking about wardrobe reno

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by SecretColor, Oct 6, 2012.

1. SecretColor

From St. Louis, MO; go to school in Philly
    I wear a lot of stereotypical 'college guy' clothes: t shirts, jeans, cargo shorts, Converse, etc. But I don't dress like most guys at my school don't dress aka super-preppy, partially because I hate the look and also because I can't afford an entire closet of designer clothes (even though it's a closet I'm no longer in :lol:slight_smile:. But I want to figure out how to adjust what I wear to, for lack of a better word, better 'show me off.' I have a fairly decent body and, I've been told, a cute/adorable face, and I have no clue how to use those to my advantage, fashion-wise. Does anyone have tips?

2. stumble along

first id like to know how you have the willpower to even dress up, my wardrobe consists of polos and buttons ups but for some reason i always end up going to class in tennis clothes, granted they do have collars ha.

3. SecretColor

From St. Louis, MO; go to school in Philly
    I don't dress up unless I have to - I HATE polos, for one thing.

4. stumble along

you just made me sad, anywhoo, V- necks usually show off a bit, and since you like wearing T-shirts you would like those.
    no sleeves? you may come off as a gym going type of person, and im sure people there wear those as well.
    essentially you're looking for low collar, form fitting, that kind of stuff.
    do you mind collars or

5. Psymark

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm also not into preppiness and for some reason, I think I fall into more like some type of a skater chic kind of look. I like to mix a dress shirt, a baggy vest and a jean. You don't want to seem like you care about what you put on, like if you threw on the first things that you saw, but you still do care. But now it's so easy to be labeled as hipster or whatever that personal style doesn't seem to exist anymore.