1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does my friend think I'm crushing on her?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Spirit, Oct 6, 2012.

1. Spirit

I may have accidently expressed what could be interpreted as romantic feelings for a straight friend. I've touched her shoulder a few times, sometimes awkwardly, while joking around. She showed me a picture of herself in a wig (She's a cosplayer) and I said (many times) "You look so cute!" I vented to her about how badly I don't want to be the girlfriend of the guy sitting next to me in English, who is very obviously interested in me. Complicating things further, I can't get this dream I had the other night out of my head. The two of us we're cuddling while in bed, (clothes on) and it pops into my head when ever I see her.

This is realization is coming at kind of a bad time because I'm not really out or anything and I feel like this is a situation that could end with me out (if it ends badly). And I'm still at the part of a friendship where I'm sorting out my feelings for her. She's a really great girl and if she was openly gay I'd might pursue a romantic relationship. :bang: I have no idea what I'm supposed to do.

#1 Spirit, Oct 6, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  2. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

It is a little bit moe complicated with women since our society allows straight women to be more affectionate with each other, so chances are that your friend doesn't suspect too much.

What to do? It depends on what you want to do. You can either take a risk and come out to her or you can ride this crush out. There are pros and cons to both so its strictly all up to you.