1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homecoming...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Pyrotactick, Oct 6, 2012.

1. Pyrotactick

._. I went to a dance today...I was supposed to dance with my friend who...is taking me out...He's nice and all and I only got to dance with him once. I tried to dance with him again but I either chickened out or got rejected. v_v Now I feel like I'm selfish for wanting to dance with him more. Then for some reason I'm questioning my sexuality....I don't even know if I'm questioning anymore! I feel like I'm straight, but I can't get girls because I just don't feel as interested in them...then I want guys but I can't feel sexy around them...What do I do?

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! I don't think it is selfish of wanting to dance with your friend some more. Maybe there is something more to it.

For some, figuring things out and being sure of their sexuality can take a bit of time, which is fine. Maybe for now, try to be open to different possibilities, and try to take note of what feelings/attractions you feel when you see or are with girls and/or guys.

Take for example your friend from tonight's dance. Do you feel an attraction towards him? If you do, you might have a small piece of the puzzle.

Sometimes, it is easier not to attach a label or try to define oneself according to a label. Try to follow your feelings and what feels right for you. It is okay if you try dating girls/guys and see what moves you.

3. Pyrotactick

Thanks! I kind of do...he's nothing of the looks that I like, but he's nice and...whatnot. So I guess I am. I don't know if I like him anymore, kinda heartbroken now that you made me think about it (it's fine, don't blame yourself if you do, I'll get over it).

My family doesn't really enjoy me dating woman...and my mother doesn't enjoy me dating anybody....but I'll have some fun form time to time maybe :slight_smile:. I'm slightly afraid of meeting him after tomorrow....what if he doesn't like me anymore?

4. Mirko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! If you take a step back and re-read your post, there is something in there, that will give you some clues as to your attractions for him. Sometimes, physical attractions aren't the first thing that make us realize that we 'like' someone. Rather, it is an emotional connection.

Why are worried that he wouldn't like you anymore? How did the dance end?

5. Pyrotactick

Kinda pushed me aside...I hope he didn't mean it.

6. Mirko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry to hear that. Hopefully not. (*hug*)