1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How should I tell him?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Vanille, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Vanille

Okay I finally came out to my best friend today. I basically told him that I've been doing a lot of searching within and told him that I like girls. I said that I can still find a guy attractive but that's about it and that I cant really see myself with a guy. After I came out to him, he told me that he's liked me a lot for a while but just never said anything. Here's what I'm asking though. After I came out to him, he still wants to see if I would want to date him. He asked me if I would like to give dating a guy a try, after I told him I never seriously dated a guy before (or a girl...). He's a really good friend of mine, I feel like I'm pretty sure about who I am and I don't think dating him will be the best thing for either of us. Shouldn't you be physically/emotionally/romantically attracted to someone in order to date them? I know I'm going to have to say no, but how? I'm having trouble finding the right words, I don't want to sound inconsiderate or anything. Any help?

2. Rose

Tell him you're very flattered and that you care for him a lot as a friend but that you are pretty sure of yourself and repeat that you are into girls. Just be honest and tell him the truth. That is caring for his feelings and respecting your own.

Good luck

3. Vanille

Thank you Rose, I think that would be the best thing to say.