1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I like women

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by CCS, Oct 7, 2012.

1. CCS

CCS Guest

Hi everyone, I hope you all are doing well. I'm new to this site and I'm hoping to find some advice and support. When I was in my teens I noticed that I liked women, I thought it was wrong and was not ready whatsoever to tell anybody. When I started using MySpace for the first time I met a girl that I fell completely in love with (I know it sounds wierd because I never met her in person and we were sitting behind a computer screen) I was about 19 or 20 years old at that time. She was a lesbian and she was the very first person I told that I liked girls, that right there was comfort for me. After talking to eachother for awhile, I realized that she made me happy, so one day I racked up the courage to tell my mom that I like women and told her about the women I met online. Thankfully she was always very supportive! My parents say that as long as I'm happy, they are happy.

However sometimes I have the feeling that it is wrong, there were a lot of times where I felt that I should set these feeling aside, marry a man, and have kids because it is the right thing to do:redface::icon_sad:. But I have to stop this, whats the use in being in such a relationship when you are not even happy. I'm 24v years old now and only very few people know about this, maybe two people and my parents. I'm terrified of people seeing me in a negative way because of my sexual orientation, I'm afraid of being judged, or losing people around me.:icon_sad: I have found myself to like men a few times, but I do know for sure that I really like women. I find myself dreaming about finding a beautiful woman, us both being completely in love, holding hands. I have never been in a real relationship before, and I dont want to be alone anymore. :tears: I just want to be happyily in love with someone, I know that whenever I find that special someone I would do anything to make her happy, support her throughout all of the good and bad times, and probably spoil her to the max(*hug*) I'm a hopeless romantic. I know this because I fell in love with someone I met before and I was willing to do ANYTHING for her, but it never worked out. One thing is for sure, when I fall I fall hard, I wont get clingy, but you can be sure Ill always be there no matter what.

I hope someday I can find the courage to completely come out to everyone. I have to say though that when I find someone and fall completely, that I lprobably wont care if someone gives us any bad looks while we're out holding hands....I would just want to show my love.

Please feel free to write me at anytime, and share me your story, I hope I can support others as well. If you want to know more contact me!

Have a great day you all:smilewave
    I know were all here for eachother(&&&)

2. Caudex

Caudex Guest

You will lose people around you if you come out. That's a fact. Just realize that they were never worth it anyway.

3. runner

I give you such props for being able to come out at all. I too realized that I liked women and thought it was wrong and unlike you I have not been able to do a thing about it out of fear. I keep thinking that one day I will meet the right person and it will all fit, but you can't help but wonder if that day will ever come. I have to agree though that if someone can't accept you then they are probably the kind of person that will reveal themselves to be a bad friend in one way or another at some point.

I have only dated men but it's never felt right. I'm actually 24 also and I have no idea what to do. Hope it helps to know you aren't alone!