1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Im very,very confused.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by fireside, Oct 7, 2012.

1. fireside

I look at white guys,i feel nothing.I look at black guys,i feel nothing.I look at far east asian guys,i feel quite alot.Their so so good looking, so clean and so healthy.I realy dont know why i feel this way.Why is it that i only feel this way toward these men and no other.Can it be explained,surely,if im gay,i should be attracted to any man regardless of race.I feel guilty sometimes,racism is one of the lowest forms of abuse,and have suffered it myself,but i cannot help this,they are just stunning.Can anyone explain??????:confused:

2. justlauren64

i dont think you're racist. at all. i, too, am mostly attracted to people who look kinda similar. but thats different than racism. its just what you find attractive. for example, some guys only date blondes. that doesn't make them racist if they are still friendly towards other girls, they're just not attracted to them. attraction and racism are two completely different things, so dont sweat it.

3. Lessard

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It's completely normal it's the same for me but its not race it's size. I'm not attracted to people who are bigger but my reason for that is cause when I see a bigger man or woman it reminds me of my mom and stepdad... So yeah I can't see myself being with someone cause its like dating my mother...

4. alberz

alberz Guest

I agree with justlauren64. I don’t think it’s racist at all, so don’t worry about it. :slight_smile: Maybe, just for your own interest, try to figure out what it is you like about them, so it will be less confusing.

My gay attractions are limited to people of the same type and race as me, but I’ve had male friends of many types and races. Actually, most of my friends are and have been male types I’m not attracted to. It’s so much easier to make friends when there’s no sexual attraction on either side.

5. NordicSpirit

Don't worry, it's not racist at all, it's just who you're attracted to.
    Saying that its racist would be like saying youre sexist because youre not attracted to women, or that you're hetrophobic because you're gay.

6. Ghost

Sounds like a preference, not a racist inclination. :slight_smile: Your tastes can and probably will change, too, so don't forget that.

7. Rachyl

Rachyl Guest

It sounds like attraction to me. People are attracted to who they enjoy looking at. Nothing wrong with that.:icon_bigg

8. Amicus

What you've described is not racism. I would be much more concerned if you had told us something along these lines:

"I'm really attracted to person of race X, but I would never sleep with them because people of race X are foul and inferior."

We don't get to consciously decide our attractions, so embrace the ones you're experiencing!