1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can't ruin this.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Whatamess, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Whatamess

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So, I'm sure this is a popular/common topic here, and this is my first post... But, I need some advice and there's always one (sometimes minor) difference between my situation and the ones described in posts already here.

My best friend's name is Madeline. Her and all the rest of my friends know I'm bisexual. Whether or not I prefer males or females hasn't been decided yet (the guy that's trying to talk to me really makes me want to be a lesbian, haha). That's another story, though. This girl has semi-recently become my best friend. We've known each other our whole lives, (I'm currently a senior in high school) but we became really close last summer. We hang out almost every day. It's actually a rare occurrence if we don't.

Long story short, I have a huge "crush" on her. I think about her a lot more than I would think about a friend... but I'm not willing to ruin the great friendship I have with her for some selfish feelings that may or may not go away.

As if to absolutely TORTURE me, though, I had a dream about her (and another girl crush of mine, but... that girl's totally out of my league and we don't talk anyway. Might as well be a celebrity crush). Needless to say, it was a really sexual dream... And she made the first move. I woke up extremely upset that it wasn't real, because, even in the dream, I remember saying to her "I feel like that was all just a dream" (because it was like I woke up from the dream... in the dream). She assured me it wasn't, yada-yada. In the dream I also confessed my feelings for her, but that was only after the confirmation of her liking me back.

If you haven't figured it out yet, she's straight. And... Unlike some of the other stories here, I haven't really had any signals that she's anything but. She's been with one guy... One who repeatedly cheated on her and she got back with him. Just a few days ago did they stop talking (as much) and he moved to California about three months ago. Thank God! She knows I hate this guy, and I've expressed to her that she needs to value herself and realize how much she's worth. I also went on to say how lucky of a guy he is that he's even had a chance with her and that he doesn't realize how good of a girl he had. Dropping hints, I guess?

We kind of flirt, but it's sort of been this way with all my friends. It just sort of jokingly calling each other cute names and what-not. She's the only friend I go to Quiktrip and buy candy, though. She sometimes gets me tea because she knows it's my favorite. I know ALL of her favorite stuff... and discovered that, when it comes to taste buds, we're almost total opposites. There's also the physical factor... I'm currently dieting, but she's fit and so, so beautiful. I can't help my attraction towards her, but I'm afraid I'm out of my league.

This just blows...

I don't know what to do. I don't think there's anything I could do to make myself have the courage to tell her how I feel, even though I feel like the opportunity to tell her has presented itself several times. This sort of thing has the potential to make such an easy-going, best friend connection between us become unbearably awkward. :bang: :eusa_doh:

What do you think I should do? Or have you experienced something like this? Any help is hugely appreciated. ;~;

2. Pyrotactick

Hm.......I don't know actually o_o...Maybe if you become better and better friends you could come out to her...see what she says...Sometimes after you come out feelings won't be the same...Well that's what one of my friends told me, so don't quote me (I mean sure if you want to). Just make sure you know who your friend is, if it's a homophobic, then I wouldn't recommend it, if she's cool with it or maybe a bit interested then go ahead. Anyway, who knows, maybe she had an idea thanks to your hint!

3. Whatamess

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Haha. Thanks for the help, but she knows I'm bisexual. She's even met my ex girlfriend... Who she hates. Lol. Sorry if I didn't make that clear! I appreciate the help, though. Maybe she did get an idea thanks to my hint, lol. Maybe I should drop more hints... :wink:

4. O_Negative

I am crushing on a close friend too. She is straight and I am female-assigned...so...it doesn't really work =/...

But I wanted to give you a little reassurance. I told her. I told her I am literally questioning my sexuality over her (now tentatively calling myself pan) and told her I needed to just let out everything Ive wanted to say. I told her how beautiful she is and how she makes me laugh and how until she came along, I'd felt attraction to women, but never wanted to kiss one. She let me write half a novel about her, and then just told me how ridiculously flattered she was, and was if anything apologetic because yes, she is straight.

We are still very very good friends and she has no problem continuing to play-flirt (she's silly =) )...she and I still hug and get close and talk deeply. It hasn't changed...if anything its a stronger friendship because she knows I genuinely care.

It doesn't always ruin things =)

5. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know how much this sucks!!! :bang:
    I've been in love with my best friend for over two years now! We cuddle in bed together and sometimes play flirt like I goosed her the other day and we joke about being in an all female threesome (though we still flirt less than when we just became friends). We compare ourselves to couples because we're so close and compatible on every level. We're REALLY close and the other day I texted her: "Oh by the way, I'm madly in love with you!" She just thought I was joking... so she was like "I adore you too dear! ^_^"

I'm no good at giving advice on this, since I have the same problem... ^_^' I just want you to know you're definately not alone. :S Everytime I try to tell her I can't because I don't wanna screw up our relationship :tears: